In the past few years, Chiang Mai has grown into a coffee and tea connoisseur’s paradise. There are several hundred cafés (yes!) serving delicious espresso drinks or locally grown tea blends, so we’ve narrowed it down to five of the best coffee and tea shops you should visit to get your caffeine fix.
Coffee & Tea Shops
Ristr8to on Nimmanhaemin Road
This small but incredible coffee shop specializes in the perfect cup of espresso drinks that are inspired by the “specialty coffee cultures of many of the world’s great cities.”
- Website: www.ristr8to-coffee-chiangmai.com
- GPS Location: 18.7991° N, 98.9671° E
- Address: 15/3 Nimmanhaemin Road, Suthep, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50200
Woo Café Near the Ping River
This café, which is also an Art Gallery and a Lifestyle Shop, serves artisan espresso drinks in space beautifully decorated with plants and fresh flowers.
- Website: www.woochiangmai.com
- GPS Location: 18.7917° N, 99.0031° E
- Address: 80 Charoenrat Road, Wat Ket, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50000
GRAPH CAFÉ in the Old City
This hip café is tiny, but its coffee throws a punch. They offer classic espresso drinks as well as artisan new, innovative coffee drinks.
- Website: www.facebook.com/graphcafe.chiangmai
- GPS Location: 18.7917° N, 98.9915° E
- Address: 25/1 Ratvithi Road Soi 1, Si Phum, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50200
Akha Ama Coffee in Santitam
This incredible café grows, harvests, roasts, and brews their own coffee beans. There are several locations around town to enjoy their signature brew, but their original shop is in the quiet area of Santitam.
- Website: www.facebook.com/akhaamacoffee/
- GPS Location: 18.8033° N, 98.9801° E
- Address: 9/1 Mata Apartment, Hussadhisewee Road Soi 3, Chang Phuak, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50300
Vieng Joom On Tea House on the Ping River
This beautiful colonial style shop serves fine tea blends, delectable sweets, and tea paraphernalia.
- Website: www.vjoteahouse.com
- GPS Location: 18.7915° N, 99.0027° E
- Address: 53 Charoenrat Road Soi 4, Wat Ket, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50000
Chiang Mai is home to warm weather, an affordable cost of living, and dependable internet. It’s no wonder why co-working spaces have become incredibly popular among people who want to live in Chiang Mai while working online. These offices provide comfortable working areas, fast Wifi, and coffee and snacks for the suavest entrepreneur.
CAMP at MAYA Lifestyle Shopping Mall
C.A.M.P. is short for Creative and Meet Place. It’s is a wide open space on the top floor the MAYA Lifestyle Mall with many desks. It’s rather popular with Thai university students.
- Website: www.facebook.com/CAMP-273293422846558
- GPS Location: 18.8024° N, 98.9673° E
- Address: 55 Moo 5 5th Floor MAYA, Huay Kaew Road, Chang Phuak, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50300
Punspace in Nimman
As the original co-working space in Chiang Mai, Punspace is always buzzing with people brainstorming and collaborating. There’s a courtyard outside and an open floor space and private meeting rooms inside.
- Website: www.punspace.com
- GPS Location: 18.7936° N, 98.9724° E
- Address: 14 Siri Mangkalajarn Road Soi 11, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50200
StarWork Near the Bus and Train Stations
This bright and spacious coworking space has public and private working areas as well as a mini golf green and a sleeping room.
- Website: starworkchiangmai.com/en/starwork-chiang-mai
- GPS Location: 18.7965° N, 99.0164° E
- Address: 87/9 Starwork, Tunghotel Road, Wat Ket, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50000