Doi Inthanon National Park Day Tour
- Location: Doi Inthanon National Park, Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Sirithan Waterfall & Wachirathan Waterfall, Hill tribe village, Easy walk along Angkha Natural Trail to Thailand’s highest peak, King and Queen Royal Pagodas, King’s Royal Projects
- English-speaking tour guide
- Small group tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
Thailand’s highest mountain is the perfect destination for a day tour that offers some of nature’s most beautiful sights. Visit two breathtaking waterfalls, a hill tribe farming village, and the impressive twin pagodas King Pagoda and Queen Pagoda. Take a relaxing hike along the nature trail before reaching the highest point in Thailand.
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 8 AM to 8:30 AM: the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 8:30 AM to 8:45 AM: within 3 km outside the old city
- 8:45 AM:
- 10:30 AM: Admire the Siritarn Waterfall (approx. 20 minutes)
- 11 AM: Karen hill tribe village (approx 30 minutes)
- 11:30 AM: Walk around the Wachirathan Waterfall (approx 20 minutes)
- 12:20 PM: Lunch at the local restaurant
- 1 PM: Walk up Thailand’s highest peak on a nature trail (approx 40 minutes)
- 2 PM: Explore the King and Queen Pagodas (approx 40 minutes)
- 3 PM: Walk around the King’s Royal Projects (approx 30 minutes)
- 3:30 PM: Leaving the national park of Doi Inthanon
- 5:30 PM: Drop off at the place where we met in the morning
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time as possible at each event depending on the weather, traffic, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary.
About the Doi Inthanon Tour In Chiang Mai
After a scenic drive through the countryside of Northern Thailand, visit two stunning waterfalls in the Doi Inthanon National Park tour, the Sirithan Waterfall and Wachirathan Waterfall. These cascades are beautiful all year round but roar with life during the rainy season. Continue on and meet members of a local Karen hill tribe village. Watch them weave cotton, scarves and quilts, admire their rice paddies while sipping coffee from a local tribe.
After a satisfying lunch beside a waterfall, take an easy hike on the nature trail to Doi Inthanon Summit, which is the highest mountain in Thailand at a height of 2,565 meters, often called “the roof of Thailand“. Next, visit the Twin Pagodas, built in honor of the King and Queen of Thailand. These mirrored buildings sit atop the mountain and are surrounded by manicured flower gardens, offering stunning views of the valley below.
This Doi Inthanon full-day trip ends with a visit to the King’s Royal Projects. Opium was once harvested on the mountainside but now more sustainable farming techniques are being practiced. There you’ll find a coffee plantation, cool-weather fruits and vegetables, well as exotic flower gardens.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Doi Inthanon national park entrance fee of 300 baht per person
- The Royal Twin Pagodas entrance fee of 40 baht per person
- Thai set menu at a local restaurant
What to Pack for a Doi Inthanon Tour
- Walking shoes
- A light raincoat or poncho (during the rainy season of July, August, and September)
- A light jacket for when it gets chilly on the summit of Doi Inthanon, average of 6 °C to 15 °C, in the cool season it can be around 0 °C
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- This tour is also available as a private tour. Please contact us for our special pricing.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 12 persons.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
- For more information about the park: Things to Do in Doi Inthanon National Park