Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
This day trip features some of the most beautiful natural sights on the highest mountain in Northern Thailand. Visit two impressive waterfalls, a hill tribe farming village, and the stunning twin King and Queen Royal Pagodas. Enjoy a relaxing nature trail walk before reaching the highest point of Thailand.
Pickup time will be between 8 AM and 8:30 AM if your hotel is in the Old City and Night Bazaar area. Pickup time will be between 8:30 AM and 8:45 AM if your hotel is within 3 km outside of the Old City.
- 10:30 AM
- Arrive at the Siritarn Waterfall (approximately 20 minutes)
- 11 AM
- Hill tribe village (approximately 30 minutes)
- 11:30 AM
- Wachirathan Waterfall (approximately 20 minutes)
- 12:20 PM
- Lunch at the local restaurant
- 1 PM
- Easy walk along a nature trail to Thailand’s highest peak (approximately 40 minutes)
- 2 PM
- King and Queen Pagodas (approximately 40 minutes)
- 3 PM
- King’s Royal Projects (approximately 30 minutes)
- 3:30 PM
- Depart from Doi Inthanon National Park
- 5:30 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time as possible at each event depending on the weather, traffic, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary.
About the Doi Inthanon Tour In Chiang Mai
After a scenic drive through the countryside of Northern Thailand, visit two stunning waterfalls in the Doi Inthanon National Park. These cascades are beautiful all year round but roar with life during the rainy season. Continue on and meet members of a local hill tribe village.
After a satisfying lunch beside a waterfall, take an easy nature trail walk to the Doi Inthanon Summit, which is the tallest point in Thailand at a height of 2,565 meters. Follow this with a visit to the twin pagodas that were built in honor of the King and Queen of Thailand. These mirrored buildings sit atop the mountain and are surrounded by manicured flower gardens with jaw-dropping views of the valley below.
The trip ends with a visit to the King’s Royal Projects. Opium was once harvested on the mountainside but now more sustainable farming techniques are being practiced. There you’ll find a coffee plantation, cool-weather fruits and vegetables, well as exotic flower gardens.
This Tour Includes
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- All entrance fees
- Doi Inthanon national park entrance fee of 300 baht per person
- The Royal Twin Pagodas entrance fee of 40 baht per person
- Thai set menu
What To Bring
- Walking shoes
- A light raincoat or poncho (during the rainy season of July, August, and September)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- This tour is also available as a private tour. Please contact us for our special pricing.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 12 persons.
- For more information about the park : Doi Inthanon National Park: The Essential Guide for Visitors.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can fit our Tours to your needs.
Just contact us and we’ll provide you with
all the informations you need.