Kew Mae Pan and Pha Dok Siew Private Trekking 1 Day
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- 4 Hours Trekking
- Highlights: Doi Inthanon, Royal Twin Pagodas, Nature Trails, Rice Terraces, Waterfall, Swimming, Hmong Market, Organic Coffee Plantation
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Private Tour
Outdoor lovers will enjoy this full-day private trekking tour to Thailand’s highest mountain, Doi Inthanon National Park. Enlighten yourself with a combined four- to five-hour hike along with the Kew Mae Pan and Pha Dok Siew Nature Trails. This private tour will also take you to the Royal Twin Pagodas, the Summit (Thailand’s highest peak), a cascading waterfall with a plunge pool, and an organic hill tribe market and coffee plantation.
The Kew Mae Pan Nature Trails available from 1 November until 31 May.
- 7:30 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 9 AM : Visit the peak of Doi Inthanon, the tallest mountain in Thailand
- 10 AM : Hike the Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail through cool forests (approximately 2 hours or 3 kilometers)
- 12 PM : Walk around the flower gardens of the Royal Twin Pagodas
- 1 PM : Browse the locally grown fruit, vegetables, and tea at the Hmong hill tribe market
- 1:30 PM : Eat a local Thai lunch
- 3 PM : Trek the Pha Dok Siew Nature Trail, walk by rice terraces and drink organic coffee at a local hill tribe farm (approximately 2 hours)
- 6:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: Your private tour guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
Doi Inthanon Summit
This tour will take you to the most beautiful sites on Thailand’s Highest mountain, Doi Inthanon. After a scenic drive into the countryside of Chiang Mai and up the curvy roads of the mountain, your first stop will be the Doi Inthanon Summit, which is the highest point in the country (2,565 meters or 8,400 feet). This can be reached by a brief but beautiful walk on the Angkha Nature Trail through moss-covered trees.
Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail
Follow a local Hmong hill tribe tour guide on this two-hour three-kilometer hike through cool-weather forests and the open mountainside. Along the nature trail, your guide will point out various exotic flowers and birds unique to the Doi Inthanon mountain. It’s one of the most beautiful places in Thailand.
Royal Twin Pagodas
The Royal Twin Pagodas are two magnificent chedis built in honor of the King and Queen’s birthdays. They are surrounded by beautiful cool-weather flower gardens and decorated with ponds and small bridges. The pagodas are a stunning sight to see and can be reached by stairs or escalators, which also reveal stunning valley views the stretch far below Doi Inthanon.
Hmong Hill Tribe Market
At this hill tribe market, you can taste and buy the local fruit, vegetables, tea, and coffee grown at the King’s Royal Projects. This is a non-profit organization that His Majesty created to help local hill tribe farming communities to become more sustainable. The local Hmong people are farmers grown produce in the year-round cool temperatures of Doi Inthanon.
Pha Dok Siew Waterfall Trekking
The second hike of the day will take you on a two- to three-hour downward trek through evergreen forests. Along the way, pass by terraced rice fields and witness the sights and sounds of the local wildlife. Upon reaching the beautiful Pha Dok Siew Waterfall. Then, visit a Pa Ka Yor Hill Tribe Arabica coffee farm, where you can sip on a cup of organic coffee and observe local village life before returning to Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Local guide on the Kew Mae Pan and Pha Dok Siew Nature Trails
- Entrance fees for all standard activities
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses, souvenirs during the trip
- Tipping personnel
- Fees for optional (add-on) tours
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Money for small purchases
- Camera (optional)
- Because it has a number of physical activities, this trek is NOT appropriate for elderly people with movement problems or families with young children. Participants who want to join should be relatively fit and be able to walk up and down steep paths and along jungle trails.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
For booking, please contact us.
|Group Size||Price / Person|