1 Day Hug Elephant Sanctuary
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Spend an unforgettable day in the jungle with Thailand’s most revered animal, the elephant. The gentle giants at Elephant Hug have been rescued from a life of work and riding camps and now spend their days doing what they like best – taking mud baths, playing in the river, and eating their favorite snacks. This family-friendly tour is also educational, so you will learn about their history, health, and behavior, too.
Pickup will be between 8 AM and 8:15 AM if your hotel is in the Old City and Night Bazaar area. Pickup will be between 8:15 AM and 8:30 AM if your hotel is within 3 km outside of the Old City.
- 10 AM
- Arrive at the Hug Elephant Sanctuary and meet your local guide
- 10:15 AM
- Learn about the elephants’ behavior and history and then feed and play with them in their natural jungle home
- 12 PM
- Enjoy a lunch of tasty Thai food and fresh fruit
- 1 PM
- Have a mud spa with the elephants and then walk with them to the waterfalls
- 2 PM
- Bathe and brush the elephants and swim in the waterfalls
- 3 PM
- Change into dry clothes
- 3:30 PM
- Depart from Hug Elephant
- 5 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: You will spend as much time as possible with the elephants depending on the weather, traffic, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary. Only the pickup and drop-off times are final.
About the 1 Day Hug Elephant Sanctuary Tour
After you are picked up from your hotel, take a scenic drive through the Thai countryside to Hug Elephant. This is a special home to elephants that no longer carry heavy logs or give rides to tourists. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by your local English-speaking guide and learn all about the history and behavior of these beautiful animals.
Next, meet the elephants! One by one, learn their names and win them over by feeding them a few of their favorite snacks. Take a break and enjoy your own lunch of Thai food and fresh, tropical fruit before giving the elephants a mud bath. Afterward, rinse them off in a river and go swimming near a waterfall.
Once the elephants are clean, it’s time to say goodbye to them and change into your dry clothes. Relax on an air-conditioned ride back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
This Tour Includes
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- All entrance fees
- Thai lunch
- Travel accident insurance
- Food for feeding the elephants
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 20 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.