Doi Suthep Temple + Bamboo Rafting + Elephant Sanctuary
- Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep Temple, Bamboo Rafting, Hug Elephant Sanctuary
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
This full-day private tour will whisk you into the countryside for an ultimate experience of local Thai culture and adventure. Explore a stunning Buddhist temple with valley views, view the scenic jungle while relaxing on a bamboo raft, and get close to friendly elephants. This is an exciting, well-rounded tour that gives you a taste of what Chiang Mai has to offer.
Included in this tour are a local Thai lunch, private round-trip transportation to and from your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai, and a knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
You will be picked up from your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai at 8:30 AM by a private driver and ride in an air-conditioned minivan throughout the tour. The tour ends at approximately 4:30 PM. You will return to your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai at approximately 6 PM.
Duration: 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- 8:30 AM
- Depart from your hotel or guesthouse in an air-conditioned minivan
- 9 AM
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple)
- 11:45 PM
- Bamboo Rafting , relax!
- 12:45 PM
- 2 PM
- Arrive at the Hug Elephant and meet your local guide
- 2:10 PM
- Have a small lesson about the elephants’ behavior and history and then meet them in their jungle home
- 2:45 PM
- Join the elephants for a mud spa and walk with them to the waterfalls
- 3:30 PM
- Bathe and brush the elephants and swim in the waterfalls
- 4:15 PM
- Change into dry clothes and have a Thai snack
- 4:30 PM
- Leave the sanctuary
- 6 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other circumstance.
Doi Suthep Temple
This temple, which is locally known as Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, is one of the most famous temples in Chiang Mai. Perched atop the Suthep Mountain, this is one of the few temples in the country claiming to contain a very important Buddha relic. Visitors come to see the temple from far and wide for its beautiful views of Chiang Mai City, landscaped gardens, and magical atmosphere. Climb the 300+ stairs (if you dare) or ride a carriage to the top.
Mae Wang River Bamboo Rafting
Enjoy a relaxing ride on a bamboo raft as you float down the shallow, slow-moving Mae Wang River. A local guide will navigate the waters while you sit back and listen to the birds chirping and watch the gently swaying trees and ferns along the riverbank.
Hug Elephant Sanctuary
The Elephant Hug Sanctuary is home to a herd of rescued elephants that once worked in the logging, riding, and entertainment industries. Now, they spend their time freely roaming and enjoying the company of human friends. Play and pet these beautiful animals as well as learn about their natural behaviors and importance in Thai culture.
- 1 Person: ฿6,800
- 2 Persons: ฿5,000 per person
- 3 Persons: ฿4,500 per person
- 4 Persons: ฿4,000 per person
- 5 Persons: ฿3,500 per person
- 6 Persons: ฿3,200 per person
- 7 Persons: ฿3,000 per person
- 8 Persons: ฿2,800 per person
– We require a 50% deposit to secure the booking, the remaining balance is due the day of the tour.
– If you want to book for tomorrow or have any questions please contact us.
This Tour Includes
- Private English-speaking local guide
- Direct pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via air-conditioned vehicle and driver
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Other expenses such as souvenirs and tipping personnel
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Sarong or wrap to cover bare shoulders (temple attire)
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.