Doi Suthep Temple, Bamboo Rafting and Elephant Sanctuary
- Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Doi Suthep Temple, Bamboo Rafting and Elephant Sanctuary
- Private Tour
This full-day private tour will whisk you into the countryside for an ultimate experience of local Thai culture and adventure. Explore a stunning Buddhist temple with valley views, view the scenic jungle while relaxing on a bamboo raft, and get close to friendly elephants. This is an exciting, well-rounded tour that gives you a taste of what Chiang Mai has to offer.
Duration: 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- 8:30 AM : We’ll meet in the lobby of your hotel
- 9 AM : Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple)
- 11:45 PM : Bamboo Rafting, relax!
- 12:45 PM : Lunch
- 2 PM : Arrive at the Hug Elephant *Join The Group Tour and meet your local guide
- 2:10 PM : Have a small lesson about the elephants’ behavior and history and then meet them in their jungle home
- 2:45 PM : Join the elephants for a mud spa and walk with them to the waterfalls
- 3:30 PM : Bathe and brush the elephants and swim in the waterfalls
- 4:15 PM : Change into dry clothes and have a Thai snack
- 4:30 PM : Leave the sanctuary
- 6 PM : Drop off at the place where we met in the morning
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other circumstance.
Doi Suthep Temple
This temple, which is locally known as Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, is one of the most famous temples in Chiang Mai. Perched atop the Suthep Mountain, this is one of the few temples in the country claiming to contain a very important Buddha relic. Visitors come to see the temple from far and wide for its beautiful views of Chiang Mai City, landscaped gardens, and magical atmosphere. Climb the 300+ stairs (if you dare) or ride a carriage to the top.
Mae Wang River Bamboo Rafting
Enjoy a relaxing ride on a bamboo raft as you float down the shallow, slow-moving Mae Wang River. A local guide will navigate the waters while you sit back and listen to the birds chirping and watch the gently swaying trees and ferns along the riverbank.
Hug Elephant Sanctuary *Join The Group Tour
The Elephant Hug Sanctuary is home to a herd of rescued elephants that once worked in the logging, riding, and entertainment industries. Now, they spend their time freely roaming and enjoying the company of human friends. Play and pet these beautiful animals as well as learn about their natural behaviors and importance in Thai culture.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Expenses such as souvenirs and tips to staff.
- Meals and drinks other than those mentioned
- Services not mentioned above
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Sarong or wrap to cover bare shoulders (temple attire)
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Child Rate, Contact Us.
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.