Elephant Sanctuary + Mae Wang Waterfall + Doi Inthanon National Park
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Hug Elephant Sanctuary, Mae Wang Waterfall, Doi Inthanon National Park
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Experience Thailand outside Chiang Mai’s city limits and in the countryside filled with natural beauty. This full day private excursion includes a visit to an elephant sanctuary, where you’ll play with rescued elephants in their jungle home, swim in the beautiful Mae Wang Waterfall, and see magnificent Doi Inthanon National Park mountain views .
Duration: 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- 6:30 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 7:50 AM : Arrive to meeting point, change into the pickup truck to Hug Elephant Sanctuary for 10 minutes
- 8 AM : Arrive at the Elephant Sanctuary and meet your local guide
- 8:10 AM : Learn about the behavior and history of elephants and then feed and play with them in the natural home
- 8:45 AM : Give the elephants a mud bath and take them for a walk down to the waterfalls
- 9:30 AM : Give the elephants a bath and then swim in the waterfalls
- 10:30 AM : Change into your dry clothes
- 11 AM : Take a break and enjoy a light Thai meal
- 11:30 AM : Depart from the Elephant Sanctuary
- 11:40 AM : Change back to the minivan transportation
- 1 PM : Take an easy nature trail walk to Thailand’s highest peak at 2,565 meters above sea level
- 2 PM : Explore the King and Queen Pagodas, “Napametheneedon & Napapolpoomsiri”
- 3 PM : Visit the King’s Royal Projects
- 4 PM : Explore the Wachiratarn Waterfall
- 4:30 PM : Depart from Doi Inthanon
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other circumstance.
Hug Elephant Sanctuary
The Hug Elephant Sanctuary is responsible for rescuing elephants from hard, abusive work and giving them a safe and happy home. Here you can see these incredible animals in their natural jungle environment. Enjoy petting the elephants, feeding them their favorite snacks, and bathing them in a nearby river.
Mae Wang Waterfall
This waterfall is a magnificent ten-tiered waterfall near the entrance of a national park. Here you can explore the falls, feel the spray of the water, and cool off with a swim in its natural plunge pool.
Doi Inthanon National Park
Doi Inthanon National Park has many stunning sights to see, including beautiful valley views, ancient shrines deep in a forest, magnificent twin pagodas dedicated to His and Her Royal Highnesses, and stunning waterfalls.
- 1 Person: ฿6,800
- 2 Persons: ฿5,000 per person
- 3 Persons: ฿4,500 per person
- 4 Persons: ฿4,000 per person
- 5 Persons: ฿3,500 per person
- 6 Persons: ฿3,200 per person
- 7 Persons: ฿3,000 per person
- 8 Persons: ฿2,900 per person
– We require a 50% deposit to secure the booking, the remaining balance is due the day of the tour.
– If you want to book for tomorrow or have any questions please contact us.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses such as souvenirs and tipping personnel
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.