Doi Suthep Temple Tour And Visit Doi Pui Hmong Hill Tribe Market
- Location: Chiang Mai Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Temple
- Temple, Doi Pui Hmong Hill Tribe, Market, Museum
- English-speaking tour guide
- Small group tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
Get a taste of Thai culture with our half-day Doi Suthep Temple Tour. Explore the beautiful shrines and Buddha statues within the famous Doi Suthep Temple and take in the sights of the surrounding valleys and rolling hills from its mountainside viewpoint. Afterward, visit the nearby Doi Pui Hmong Hill Tribe Market and shop for handmade souvenirs at their outdoor market.
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 8 AM to 8:30 AM: the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 8:30 AM to 8:45 AM: within 3 km outside the old city
- 9:30 AM: Wat Phra That Doi Suthep – Doi Suthep Temple (approximately 1 hour)
- 11 AM: Doi Pui Hmong Hill Tribe Market and Museum (approximately 45 minutes)
- 12:30 PM: Drop off at the place where we met in the morning
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time as possible at each event depending on the weather, traffic, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary.
About the Doi Suthep Temple Tour
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Temple is one of Chiang Mai’s most famous temples. It is perched atop Doi Suthep, Chiang Mai’s closest neighboring mountain, and has stunning views of Chiang Mai City and the valley below. Not only is the Doi Suthep Temple home to beautiful architecture and Buddhist shrines, it also contains an auspicious relic of Lord Buddha.
As part of the experience of visiting this temple, visitors must climb a grand staircase with over 300 steps. In case you are unable or unwilling to climb the stairs, don’t worry. There is a covered cable car that can take you to the top.
The tour will continue with a visit to a hill tribe market not far from the Doi Suthep Temple. Known as the Doi Pui Hmong, get a glimpse of their daily lives by exploring their market. Here you can find food vendors and skilled artists selling handicrafts, most notably hemp clothing and beautiful embroidered fabrics. You can learn even more about these peoples’ customs with a brief trip inside the Doi Pui Hmong Museum.
Please Note: You must dress appropriately to visit a Buddhist temple. Wear long pants or a long skirt and do not wear sleeveless shirts or have bare shoulders. Wear shoes that are easily taken off because they must be removed before entering the temple area.
You can also visit Doi Suthep Temple at Night.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to Doi Suthep Temple, cable car, and the Doi Pui Hmong Museum
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes or sandals that can be easily removed before entering a temple
- Hat and sunglasses
- Camera (Optional)
- This is a small group tour, approximately 9 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.