Doi Suthep Temple, Sticky Waterfall, Elephant Sanctuary
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Doi Suthep Temple, Sticky Waterfall and Elephant Sanctuary
- Private Tour
This full day excursion will take you along scenic routes through the countryside to some of the most beautiful places an hour’s drive north of Chiang Mai City. There you’ll find several stunning sights, including the famous Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep temple) perched on a mountain top, a three-tiered of Buatong Waterfall with safely climbable rocks, and an elephant sanctuary where you can meet and play with rescued elephants.
Duration: 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- 7:30 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 8:20 AM : Arrive at Maerim Elephant Sanctuary *Join The Group Tour and put on traditional mahout clothing
- 8:45 AM : Meet the herd of elephants and feed them bananas
- Play the elephants while learning about their past and their natural behavior
- Go on a walk through the lush jungle with the elephants and then cool off by
- playing and bathing the elephants in a local stream
- 12 PM : Lunch, you guide will teach you how to make traditional noodle soup
- 2 PM : Sticky Waterfall (Buatong Waterfall)
- 3:30 PM : Depart the waterfall
- 4:50 PM : Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple)
- 6:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other circumstance.
Doi Suthep Temple
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep temple is one of the most important temples in Chiang Mai, and is home to beautiful Thai architecture, shrines, and pagodas. This large temple complex rests near the top of the Chiang Mai City’s nearby Doi Suthep Mountain and has gorgeous views of the surrounding valleys.
Sticky Waterfall (Buatong Waterfall)
Nestled in the jungle of a national forest is the Sticky Waterfall, an incredibly unique waterfall and one you’ll never forget! Thanks to its non-slip rocks, you can climb its three tiers as the cool water flows around your legs and see the surrounding forest from atop the waterfall. At the bottom of the waterfall, there is a natural plunge pool where you can swim, too.
Maerim Elephant Sanctuary *Join The Group Tour
Experience the chance of a lifetime to get up close and personal with rescued elephants at this sanctuary in Chiang Mai’s mountains. Learn about their natural behavior and habitat and then meet them, one by one, and win them over by feeding them their favorite snacks. Afterward, join them in the local river and give them a bath!
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses such as souvenirs and tipping personnel
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Sarong or wrap to cover bare shoulders (temple attire)
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Before booking, please check availability.
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.