Doi Suthep Temple + Sticky Waterfall + Elephant Sanctuary
- Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep Temple, Sticky Waterfall, Maerim Elephant Sanctuary
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
This full day excursion will take you along scenic routes through the countryside to some of the most beautiful places an hour’s drive north of Chiang Mai City. There you’ll find several stunning sights, including the famous Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep temple) perched on a mountain top, a three-tiered waterfall with safely climbable rocks, and an elephant sanctuary where you can meet and play with rescued elephants.
This private tour also includes an English-speaking tour guide and a driver, round-trip transportation to and from your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai, and a local Thai lunch.
You will be picked up from your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai at 8:30 AM by a private driver and ride in an air-conditioned minivan throughout the tour. The tour ends at approximately 6:30 PM. You will return to your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai at approximately 7:30 PM.
- 8:30 AM
- Depart from your hotel or guesthouse in an air-conditioned minivan
- 9 AM
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple)
- 11:30 AM
- Buatong Waterfall
- 12 AM
- Picnic lunch
- 2:45 PM
- Depart the waterfall
- 3:30 PM
- Arrive at Maerim Elephant Sanctuary and put on traditional mahout clothing
- 3:45 PM
- Meet the herd of elephants and feed them bananas
- 4 PM
- Play the elephants while learning about their past and their natural behavior
- 4:30 PM
- Go on a walk through the lush jungle with the elephants and then cool off by playing and bathing the elephants in a local stream
- 5:30 PM
- You guide will teach you how to make traditional noodle soup
- 6:30 PM
- Depart the elephant sanctuary and drive back to your hotel
- 7:30 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other circumstance.
Doi Suthep Temple
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep temple is one of the most important temples in Chiang Mai, and is home to beautiful Thai architecture, shrines, and pagodas. This large temple complex rests near the top of the Chiang Mai City’s nearby Doi Suthep Mountain and has gorgeous views of the surrounding valleys.
Nestled in the jungle of a national forest is the Sticky Waterfall, an incredibly unique waterfall and one you’ll never forget! Thanks to its non-slip rocks, you can climb its three tiers as the cool water flows around your legs and see the surrounding forest from atop the waterfall. At the bottom of the waterfall, there is a natural plunge pool where you can swim, too.
Maerim Elephant Sanctuary
Experience the chance of a lifetime to get up close and personal with rescued elephants at this sanctuary in Chiang Mai’s mountains. Learn about their natural behavior and habitat and then meet them, one by one, and win them over by feeding them their favorite snacks. Afterward, join them in the local river and give them a bath!
- 1 Person: ฿6,800
- 2 Persons: ฿5,000 per person
- 3 Persons: ฿4,500 per person
- 4 Persons: ฿4,000 per person
- 5 Persons: ฿3,500 per person
- 6 Persons: ฿3,200 per person
- 7 Persons: ฿3,000 per person
- 8 Persons: ฿2,900 per person
– We require a 50% deposit to secure the booking, the remaining balance is due the day of the tour.
– If you want to book for tomorrow or have any questions please contact us.
This Tour Includes
- Private English-speaking local guide
- Direct pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via air-conditioned vehicle and driver
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Other expenses such as souvenirs and tipping personnel
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Sarong or wrap to cover bare shoulders (temple attire)
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.