Private Tour : Doi Suthep Temple + Doi Pui Hmong Hill Tribe Village
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Doi Suthep Temple, Doi Pui, Hmong Museum, Hill Tribe Souvenirs
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Immerse yourself in Thai culture with this half day private tour. Nestled on Chiang Mai’s nearby mountainside is the famous Doi Suthep Temple, which is home to beautiful Buddha statues, shrines, and an overlook of the valley below. Just beyond the temple is the Doi Pui Hmong Hill Tribe Village. Take a visit there and learn more about the hill tribe’s traditions and shop for handmade souvenirs at their outdoor market.
Morning tour from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- 8:30 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 9:30 AM : Explore the Doi Suthep Temple (about 1 hour)
- 11 AM : Visit the Doi Pui Hmong Hill Tribe Village and Museum (about 45 minutes)
- 12:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Afternoon tour from 1:30 PM to 6 PM
- 1:30 PM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 2:30 PM : explore the Doi Suthep Temple (about 1 hour)
- 4 PM : Visit the Doi Pui Hmong Hill Tribe Village and Museum (about 45 minutes)
- 6 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
Doi Suthep Temple
If you had to visit one temple in Chiang Mai, be sure to go to Wat Doi Suthep. This temple sits atop a mountain not far from Chiang Mai City and is known throughout all of Thailand for having an auspicious relic of Lord Buddha within its walls. After climbing a grand staircase with more than 300 steps, you’ll be rewarded with stunning views of the surrounding valley and beautiful Buddhist architecture. In case you are unable or unwilling to climb the stairs, don’t worry. You can enjoy the convenience of a covered cable car that will shuttle you to the temple’s entrance.
Doi Pui Hmong Hill Tribe Village
Not far from the Doi Suthep Temple is the community known as the Doi Pui Hmong. The tour will continue to this hill tribe village where you will get a glimpse of the villagers’ daily lives at their outdoor market. Here you will find skilled artists selling handicrafts and food vendors selling delicious Thai snacks. Take a break from the heat and learn about their traditions with a brief trip inside the Doi Pui Hmong Museum, too.
Please Note: You must dress appropriately to visit a Buddhist temple. Wear long pants or a long skirt and do not wear sleeveless shirts or have bare shoulders. Wear shoes that can be easily taken off because they must be removed before entering the temple area.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to Doi Suthep Temple, cable car, and the Doi Pui Hmong Museum
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses, souvenirs during the trip
- Tipping personnel
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes that can be easily removed before entering the temple
- Hat and sunglasses
- Camera (Optional)
- This Doi Suthep Temple Private Tour is operated by Bon Voyage Thailand.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|