Half Day Afternoon Hug Elephant Sanctuary
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Eager to meet elephants while you’re in Chiang Mai? Experience a magical, half day trip to see one of Thailand’s most revered animals at their home deep in the Thai jungle. Meet a group of rescued elephants and learn about their behavior and history before having an unforgettable time feeding them, giving them a mud spa, and playing in the river. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience! This half day tour is also offered in the morning.
Pick-up will be between 12:30 PM and 12:45 PM if your hotel is in the Old City and Night Bazaar area. Pick-up will be between 12:45 PM and 1 PM if your hotel is within 3 km outside of the Old City.
- 2 PM
- Arrive at the Hug Elephant and meet your local guide
- 2:10 PM
- Have a small lesson about the elephants’ behavior and history and then meet them in their jungle home
- 2:45 PM
- Join the elephants for a mud spa and walk with them to the waterfalls
- 3:30 PM
- Bathe and brush the elephants and swim in the waterfalls
- 4:15 PM
- Change into dry clothes and have a Thai snack
- 4:30 PM
- Leave Hug Elephant
- 6 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: You will spend as much time as possible with the elephants depending on the weather, traffic, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary; only the pick-up and drop-off times are final.
About the Half Day Afternoon Hug Elephant Sanctuary Tour
Take an early morning ride through the Thai countryside to the home of the elephants. Once you’ve arrived at the sanctuary, meet your Thai tour guide, who will teach you about the elephants’ behavior and history. Next is the part you’ve been waiting for: meet each elephant and win them over with their favorite snack.
Then it’s time to get dirty! Join the elephants for a playful mud spa and then cool off in the nearby river and scrub the elephants clean. Afterward, change into clean, dry clothes and have a Thai snack before relaxing on the drive back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
This Tour Includes
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- All entrance fees
- Thai snack
- Travel accident insurance
- Food for feeding the elephants
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 20 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.