Half Day Afternoon Hug Elephant Sanctuary
- Location: Mae Wang, Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Elephant's Behavior and History Lesson, Feed Elephants, Elephant Mud Spa, Bathe Elephants, Waterfall, Swimming
- English-speaking tour guide
- Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
Eager to meet elephants while you’re in Chiang Mai? Experience a magical, half day trip to see one of Thailand’s most revered animals at their home deep in the Thai jungle. Meet a group of rescued elephants and learn about their behavior and history before having an unforgettable time feeding them, giving them a mud spa, and playing in the river. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience! This half day tour is also offered in the morning.
- 11 AM to 11:30 AM: Meet in your hotel lobby
- 1 PM: Meet your local guide at the Hug Elephant and enjoy a delicious lunch.
- Have a small lesson about the elephants’ behavior and history and then meet them in their jungle home.
- Join the elephants for a mud bath and walk with them to a river and bathe and brush the elephants.
- Walk to the waterfalls.
- Change into dry clothes.
- 4 PM: Leave Hug Elephant.
- 5 PM: Return to your accommodation.
Please Note: You will spend as much time as possible with the elephants depending on the weather and traffic. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary.
About the Half Day Afternoon Hug Elephant Sanctuary Tour
Take an early morning ride through the Thai countryside to the home of the elephants. Once you’ve arrived at the sanctuary, meet your Thai tour guide, who will teach you about the elephants’ behavior and history. Next is the part you’ve been waiting for: meet each elephant and win them over with their favorite snack.
Then it’s time to get dirty! Join the elephants for a playful mud spa and then cool off in the nearby river and scrub the elephants clean. Afterward, change into clean, dry clothes and have a Thai snack before relaxing on the drive back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Thai snack
- Travel accident insurance
- Food for feeding the elephants
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 25 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
13-15 April, 2023 isn’t available due to Songkran Festival
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.