Chiang Rai – White Temple and Golden Triangle
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
This full-day Chiang Rai tour will take you to a region a few hours north of Chiang Mai. Explore the stunning White Temple, visit Thailand’s famous Golden Triangle and its overlook point where two rivers and three countries come together, shop at a bustling border market, and meet local hill tribe villagers.
Pickup will be between 7 AM and 7:30 AM if your hotel is in the Old City and Night Bazaar area. Pickup will be between 7:30 AM and 7:45 AM if your hotel is within 3 km outside of the Old City.
- 9 AM
- Arrive at a natural hot spring in Chiang Rai (approximately 20 minutes)
- 11 AM
- White Temple (approximately 45 minutes)
- 1 PM
- Lunch at a restaurant near the Golden Triangle (approximately 45 minutes)
- 2 PM
- Golden Triangle viewpoint at the border of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar (approximately 30 minutes)
- *Optional Tour – River boat tour of the Mekong River to the Don Sao Island (approximately 1 hour)
- 4 PM
- Mae Sai at the Burmese-Thai border (approximately 40 minutes)
- 5:30 PM
- Akha hill tribe village (approximately 40 minutes)
- *Optional Tour – Long Neck Karen hill tribe village (approximately 40 minutes)
- 6:30 PM
- Depart from Chiang Rai, stop at a gas station along the way
- 10 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
For additional information about the optional river boat tour and Long Neck Karen hill tribe trip, read the ‘Additional Information’ section below.
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time as possible at each event depending on the weather, traffic, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary.
About the Chiang Rai Golden Triangle Tour
You will be picked up early in the morning and taken on a drive through the hills of Northern Thailand toward Chiang Rai. Enjoy coffee and snacks at a local hot spring and then continue on to one of the most recognizable and stunning structures in all of Thailand, the White Temple.
The tours continue to the Golden Triangle of Chiang Rai, an area named for the spot where the Mekong and Krok Rivers join to create a tripoint of the borders of Thailand, Myanmar, and Laos. This region of Thailand was once known for its infamous opium trade.
Not far away is the most northern point in Thailand. Here is a well known Thailand-Myanmar border crossing that also is home to the bustling Mae Sai market filled with many local handicraft items, perfect for shopping and buying souvenirs.
The tour finished with a visit to an Akha hill tribe village. This tribe is recognizable by their traditional black clothing adorned with bright colored embroidery, silver bells, and coins.
This Tour Includes
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- All entrance fees
- Thai buffet lunch
- One small bottle of water
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- Add-ons to this Golden Triangle and White Temple Chiang Rai Tour are also available for an additional cost. Please speak with your tour guide about arranging a trip for the following activities:
- Boat trip along the Mekong River to the Don Sao Island in Laos (330 baht per person)
- Long Neck Karen hill tribe village (300 baht per person)
- Guests who do not take the one hour boat trip will be able to take pictures and relax or visit the House of Opium near the Golden Triangle for 50 baht per person.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.