1 Day Chiang Mai Elephant Sanctuary & Trekking
- Location: Chiang Mai Province, Mae Wang
- Highlights: Learn about elephants and sanctuary, Meet and feed elephants, Mud spa, Swim with elephants, Trekking, Bamboo rafting
- English-speaking tour guide
- Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
This sanctuary has rescued elephants from unethical entertainment venues and has given them a new home deep within the mountains of Chiang Mai. Spend the day with these happy elephants and experience the once-in-a-lifetime joy of feeding, bathing, scrubbing, and swimming with them – but without riding them! See more of their peaceful home with a trek through the jungle and a smooth ride down the river on a traditional bamboo raft.
- 8:30 AM to 9 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 10 AM : Arrive at the elephant camp and change into the uniform that’s provided
- 10:15 AM : Learn basic information about the elephant and the sanctuary
- 11 AM : Introduce yourself to the elephants, get up close to them, and feed them by hand
- 11:30 AM : Give the elephants a mud spa and then take them walk
- 12 AM : Let the elephants roam and eat natural grass in the forest
- 12:30 AM : Bathe and swim with the elephants
- 1:30 PM : Have a traditional Thai lunch
- 2:15 PM : Trek along a scenic trail to the Karen Village
- 3:30 PM : Go bamboo rafting along the Mae Wang River
- 4:15 PM : Change into your dry clothes
- 5:30PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: You will spend as much time as possible with the elephants depending on the weather and traffic. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary.
About the 1 Day Chiang Mai Elephant Sanctuary & Trekking Tour
This full-day tour is packed full of jungle adventures. Once you’ve arrived at the sanctuary, your English-speaking guide will greet you and provide you with a special mahout (elephant trainer) uniform to change into. You’ll learn a brief history about the sanctuary and its elephants and then meet the gentle giants for the first time.
Feed the elephants their favorite snacks and then pamper them with a mud spa! When they’ve been covered with mud, take them for a walk to a nearby field where they will roam around and graze on the grass. After the elephants have eaten enough, it’s time to clean them off in the river and swim with them.
Bathing and swimming with the elephants will work up your appetite, so lunch is next on the agenda. After enjoying a meal of Thai food and taking a brief rest, go on a trek through the jungle and take a peaceful ride down river on a traditional Thai bamboo raft. At the end of the day, you will be able to change into dry clothes and then relax on the drive back to Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- A snack, Thai lunch, and drinking water
- Bananas for the elephants
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 25 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.