2 Days Tours Chiang Rai
- Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai
- White Temple, Doi Tung, Mae Sai, Golden Triangle, Boat Ride, Opium Museum, Wat Chedi Luang, Black House
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Once the capital city of the impressive Lanna Kingdom, Chiang Rai is now a culturally important province which is home to historical landmarks and amazing natural wonders, such as the Golden Triangle. The Golden Triangle is where the countries of Thailand, Laos, and Burma meet, and was once a hub of a bustling opium trade – the influence which can still be felt in the area’s culture.
For years, Chiang Rai avoided the big tourism trade that is common in many other parts of Thailand; life was a little easier, a little more down to earth. Even today, clans still live in traditional bamboo homes and each villages comes with its own distinct cultural character.
Chiang Rai tourism has finally climbed in popularity; now people come here to seek our natural landscapes, beautiful country sides, and a peek of the native hill tribe culture. Tourists will be glad to know that Chiang Rai is home to many development projects which allow the tribes live better, without draining their cultural heritage or natural environment.
Duration: 8 AM – 5 PM per day
Day 1: Early hotel pick-up (about 7:30 AM), drive to Chiang Rai. Drop in at temples and important architectural landmarks, eat lunch, visit vendors, and drive to Golden Triangle. Overnight stay in the Golden Triangle
Day 2: Hotel pick-up (8 AM to 8:30 AM), breakfast, museums, border visit, boat ride, and more! After our day in the Golden Triangle, we will return you to either your hotel in Chiang Mai or the Chiang Rai Airport.
Day 1 – Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai – Doi Tung – Golden Triangle
- 7:30 AM
- Depart from your hotel or guesthouse in an air-conditioned minivan
- 8:30 AM
- Enjoy a short coffee break at a natural hot spring
- 10:30 AM
- Visit the well-known White Temple (Wat Rong Khun), which has a modern design
- 12 PM
- Delicious local lunch
- 1 PM
- Hop in the car for a visit to Doi Tung Mountain
- 2:30 PM
- Next, we’ll see the flower garden and royal villas near Doi Tung
- 4:30 PM
- Visit the border city of Mae Sai and view jade and handmade crafts
- 5:30 PM
- Drive to the Golden Triangle
- 6 PM
- Hotel check in. Overnight stay in the Golden Triangle
- Free time
- Grab dinner, see local sights, or have a drink. It’s up to you.
Day 2 – Golden Triangle – Chiang Saen – Chiang Rai Airport
- 8:30 AM
- We’ll pick you up from your hotel after breakfast
- 9 AM
- Explore the Golden Triangle viewpoint of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar
- 9:30 AM
- Take a boat ride down the Mekong, with a stop in Laos at the lovely Don Sao Island.
Note: Passport is needed to cross the Laotian border
- 11 AM
- Visit the opium museum to learn about the opium-related history of this region
- 12:30 PM
- Visit to the ancient Wat Chedi Luang, a royal stupa temple, in historic Chiang Saen
- 1:30 PM
- Local Thai lunch
- 3:30 PM
- Visit the odd yet captivating Black Houses, which feature bones, skin, and a dark aura
- Drop off
- Either at your hotel in Chiang Mai or the Chiang Rai Airport
This Tour Includes
- Private English-speaking guide
- Private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Fees for visits as mentioned in program
- Two lunches, as mentioned in program
- Travel accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Personal expenses (tips, laundry, souvenirs, etc)
- Overnight accommodation – if you want some help arranging your hotel, contact us directly
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|