2 Days Tours Chiang Rai
- Location: Chiang Rai Province
- Highlights: White Temple, Doi Tung, Mae Sai, Golden Triangle, Boat Ride, Opium Museum, Wat Chedi Luang, Black House
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Once the capital city of the impressive Lanna Kingdom, Chiang Rai is now a culturally important province which is home to historical landmarks and amazing natural wonders, such as the Golden Triangle. The Golden Triangle is where the countries of Thailand, Laos, and Burma meet, and was once a hub of a bustling opium trade – the influence which can still be felt in the area’s culture.
For years, Chiang Rai avoided the big tourism trade that is common in many other parts of Thailand; life was a little easier, a little more down to earth. Even today, clans still live in traditional bamboo homes and each villages comes with its own distinct cultural character.
Chiang Rai tourism has finally climbed in popularity; now people come here to seek our natural landscapes, beautiful country sides, and a peek of the native hill tribe culture. Tourists will be glad to know that Chiang Rai is home to many development projects which allow the tribes live better, without draining their cultural heritage or natural environment.
What we’ll do
Day 1 – Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai – Doi Tung – Golden Triangle
- 7:30 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 8:30 AM : Enjoy a short coffee break at a natural hot spring
- 10:30 AM : Visit the well-known White Temple (Wat Rong Khun), which has a modern design
- 12 PM : Delicious local lunch
- 1 PM : Hop in the car for a visit to Doi Tung Mountain
- 2:30 PM : Next, we’ll see the flower garden and royal villas near Doi Tung
- 4:30 PM : Visit the border city of Mae Sai
- 5:30 PM : Drive to the Golden Triangle
- 6 PM : Overnight stay in the Golden Triangle
- Free time
- Grab dinner, see local sights, or have a drink. It’s up to you.
Day 2 – Golden Triangle – Chiang Saen – Chiang Mai
- 8:30 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 9 AM : Explore the Golden Triangle viewpoint of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar
- 9:30 AM : Take a boat ride down the Mekong
- 11 AM : Visit the opium museum to learn about the opium-related history of this region
- 12:30 PM : Visit to the ancient Wat Chedi Luang, a royal stupa temple, in historic Chiang Saen
- 1:30 PM : Local Thai lunch
- 3:30 PM : Visit the odd yet captivating Black Houses, which feature bones, skin, and a dark aura
- 7:30 PM : Return to your accommodation in Chiang Mai
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch (Day 1 and Day 2)
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses such as souvenirs, tipping personnel, and laundry fees
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Accommodations – if you want some help arranging your hotel, contact us directly
- Other services not clearly indicated above
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|