Grand Palace – The Emerald Buddha and Temple City Tour
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- Child Policy
- What to Bring
- Additional Informations
On our tour, we’ll visit three popular temples: the temple of the Golden Buddha, Wat Trimit and the temple of the Reclining Buddha, Wat Pho, and the temple of the Emerald Buddha, Wat Phra Kaew, which is housed on the grounds of the splendid Grand Palace.
Destination: Thailand (Bangkok)
Start City: Bangkok
Tour Type: Private
Duration: Half Day (8:30 AM – 1 PM)
- 8:30 AM
- We’ll begin this temple tour with a morning or afternoon pick up from your hotel and head towards Rattanakosin Island, Bangkok’s predecessor and historic district. Next we will visit the Golden Buddha of Wat Trimit, a temple that houses the famous – and huge – Golden Buddha. This particular work weighs more than five tons! Next, we’ll take a walk through the Chinatown area as well as the fragrant flower market. Chinatown is a great place to pick up gold jewelry and souvenirs.
Our second temple will be Wat Pho, or the temple of the Reclining Buddha. This temple was founded in the 1500s and is one of the older temples in the area. We’ll view the many pagodas, and the huge and iconic Reclining Buddha which is 46 meters long and 15 meters high. Wat Pho is also the original open university, and once offered teachings in medicine, massage, and more.
- 10:30 AM
- Our next tour stop will be the Grand Palace – a must see location for any visitor to Thailand. The grounds measure around 218,400 square meters, and are home to many beautiful buildings including the most important religious location in Thailand, Wat Phra Kaew. Wat Phra Kaew is the temple of the Emerald Buddha, and is a masterful work of architecture. Housed in the temple of the Emerald Buddha, which came to the area in the late 1700s and, according to legend, traveled all the way from India, was hidden during wars and finally found its way to Wat Phra Kaew.
- 12:30 PM
- Next we’ll take a stroll down the Royal Way, Ratchadumnoen Road for some city sightseeing. On this road you’ll be able to see many monuments, examples of Thai architecture and famous landmarks such as the Parliament Hall, Anantasamkhom Palace and the Chitlada Palace King’s Residence. We’ll even see the Boxing Hall.
- 1 PM
- We drop you off at your hotel.
This Tour Includes
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles with skilled drivers
- English-speaking guide
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Transfer to and from your hotel
- Accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, laundry, etc
- All optional tours
- Other services not mentioned in the program
- Children 3 and under: Free
- Children 4-10: 25% off the regular price
- Children 10+: Regular price
What to Bring
- Please dress appropriately for temple visits; do not wear shorts, or sandals.
- Dress for the weather: hat, cap and umbrella may be helpful.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes that you can slip on and off.
- Certain sites may be closed during royal ceremonies and holidays.
- Cameras might not be allowed in all buildings.
- Rates include 10% service charge and applicable government tax.
- Rates are net and quoted in Thai Baht per person.
- Itinerary and show schedule may change without prior notice.
- Exact pick up and drop off time will be confirmed via email.
- Drop off time may vary due to traffic.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|