Bangkok Temples and City Half Day Tour
- Location: Bangkok Province
- Highlights: Wat Trimit, Wat Pho, Wat Benchamabopit
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Do you want to see the three most important temples on one tour? During this half day trip, we’ll see Wat Trimit, the temple of the Golden Buddha – which features a 5.5 ton Buddha made of gold; Wat Pho, the temple of the Reclining Buddha – which features a Buddha resting in a lounging position and Wat Benchamabopit – an 1899 temple made of beautiful marble.
Duration: Half Day (9 AM – 12 PM and 1 PM – 4 PM)
- 9 AM
- Meet in your hotel lobby and head towards Rattanakosin Island, Bangkok’s predecessor and historic district.
- 9:30 AM
- Next we will visit the Golden Buddha of Wat Trimit, a temple. This Buddha weighs in at more than five tons and is a vision in gold. After our visit with the Golden Buddha, we’ll pass through the Chinatown area as well as the beautiful flower market. Chinatown is a great place to pick up gold jewelry and souvenirs. At night time, the whole scene changes as food stalls appear and people crowd the streets – it’s a wonderful place to visit if you have a chance. Next on our tour, we will visit Wat Pho or the Temple of the Reclining Buddha. It’s one of the oldest temples, and has more than a thousand images of Buddha, including a huge reclining Buddha that is 46 meters long and 15 meters high. This temple also served as one of the first universities, teaching the arts of literature, astrology, medicine and massage. Next on the agenda will be Wat Benchamabopit or Marble Temple, a more modern temple and great example of modern Thai architecture built with Carrara Italian marble, complete with religious imagery and white marble lions. Next we’ll take a stroll down the Royal Way, Ratchadumnoen Road for some city sightseeing. On this road you’ll be able to see many monuments, examples of Thai architecture and famous landmarks such as the Parliament Hall, Anantasamkhom Palace and the Chitlada Palace King’s Residence. We’ll even see the Boxing Hall.
- 12 PM
- Return to your accommodation.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included in the city center
- Exact pick up and drop off time will be confirmed by email
- Drop off time may vary due to traffic
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles with skilled drivers
- English-speaking guide
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, etc
- All optional tours
- Other services not mentioned in the program
- Children 3 and under: Free
- Children 4-10: 25% off the regular price
- Children 10+: Regular price
What to Bring
- Please dress appropriately for temple visits; do not wear shorts, or sandals.
- Dress for the weather: hat, cap and umbrella may be helpful.
- Wear any comfort walking shoes.
- Wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off.
- Certain sites may be closed during royal ceremonies and holidays.
- Cameras might not be allowed in all buildings.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|