Tachai Island 1 Day Trip
- This Tour Includes
Visit the pristine Tachai Island, which was only recently opened to tourist day trips. This island is similar to the Maldives with white, sandy beaches, crystal clear oceans, magnificent coral reefs, and a host of different fish.
The coral reef makes this destination a perfect spot for swimming and snorkeling. The island is home to a wide array of wildlife, including leopard sharks, chicken crabs, nurse sharks, lizards, and eagle rays. You’ll even be able to see hawksbill turtles or a whale shark, if you’re lucky. This relaxing getaway island is a great spot to feel the sand between your toes, climb a small mountain for a beautiful view, and take in the beauty of the white sand and nature all around you.
The island is a little off the beaten path, and many tourists have yet to visit – mostly because it has no cabanas or major developments. Local Thai people, however, have made Tachai island a popular spot. Great for a little relaxation as a family.
Tours are available daily from October to May; pick up begins at 6:30 AM and you will be dropped back off at your hotel by 1800.
- 6 AM- 7 AM: Transfer from hotel to Ban Num Khem pier.
- 8 AM 8.30 AM: Meet your guide, pick up snorkeling gear, and hop on board for the hour-long ride to the Island.
- 10 AM -11 AM: Snorkeling reef tour at the south end of Koh Tachai
- 11 AM – 1 PM: Walk along the 750 meters long beach, swim, sun bathe and relax
- 12 PM: Buffet style lunch on the beach, with seafood and local dishes
- 1 PM -3.30 PM: More relaxing on the white sand of Koh Tachai. Or participate in the nature walk through forest to a fabulous vista, Shark Rock, where you might be able to see some baby black tipped sharks.
- 3.30 PM -4.40 PM: Head back to the pier, where you will be transferred home to your hotel.
This Tour Includes
- Tour guide
- Speed boat ride
- Food and soft drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Snorkeling gear: mask, life vest, and snorkel
Please Note: Snorkeling site may change depending on the weather, but we will always try to choose the best point for viewing wildlife amongst the reef.