White Water Rafting + ATV Bushwacker Tour
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Enjoy this soft adventure tour that combines the fun of white water rafting on the legendary Mae Taeng River with the excitement of ATVing through the Thai jungle. No experience is necessary, so it’s perfect for the whole family! You’ll see mountains, tropical forests, and panoramic views of Chiang Mai from several unique perspectives. This tour includes professionally trained guides, safety equipment, and instructions on how to properly ride the rafts and ATVs.
Pick-up will be between 8:30 AM and 9 AM if your hotel is in the Old City or Night Bazaar area. Pick-up will be between 9 AM and 9:30 AM if your hotel is within 3 kilometers outside of the Old City. This tour is available daily.
- 11:30 AM
- Arrive at the white water rafting base camp in Mae Taeng and eat lunch
- 12 PM
- Receive a safety briefing, practice how to maneuver the raft, then put on safety gear
- 12:30 PM
- Navigate river rapids through beautiful jungle scenery (approximately 2 hours)
- 2:30 PM
- Transfer to Peak Park and practice how to drive an ATV
- 3 PM
- Navigate the obstacles and ride your ATV surrounded by beautiful mountains (approximately 1 hour)
- 5:30 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time at each activity depending on the traffic, weather, and the pace of other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary. Only the pick-up and drop-off times are final.
About the White Water Rafting and ATV Soft Adventure Tour
Join us for a full day tour and experience the most exciting outdoor activities in Chiang Mai: white water rafting and ATVing through the jungles of Mae Taeng. All people are welcomed to join whether or not you have experience. Our teams are professionally trained and will provide you with the appropriate safety equipment and teach you how to white water raft and ATV. All you have to do is have fun!
After driving through the countryside, arrive at the white water rafting base camp and enjoy a Northern Thai lunch with a view of the river. Then, your tour guide will demonstrate how to safely steer the raft and allow you to practice with the raft and paddle on the dry ground. Afterward, grab your helmet and life vest and hop into the Mae Taeng River!
Each raft will have four people and one captain. Cruise down the river as it twists and turns through the forest and enjoy scenic views for a total distance of 10 kilometers (up to 2 hours). The rapids are slow and suitable for everyone. At the end of the white water rafting part of the tour, you will be able to change into your dry clothes.
This full-day tour continues at the largest off-roading track in Chiang Mai. It’s brand new and features a route through the forest where you can traverse hills, go in tight circles, and dodge obstacles. Go as fast or slow as you’d like. Your guide will teach a variety of driving techniques and then it’s time to go ATVing for an hour!
Afterward, ride back to your hotel in Chiang Mai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
This Tour Includes
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via an air-conditioned van with driver
- Lunch of local Thai food
- Drinking water
- Protective white water rafting gear
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Wear shoes or sandals that can get wet (no flip-flops or slippers)
- Wear long pants and a loose-fitting t-shirt
- A bathing suit (worn under your clothing) and a change of clothing
- A towel and body soap
- A raincoat (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Camera (optional) and a plastic bag or waterproof case to protect it
Please Note: It is important to wear long pants and no flip flop while riding the ATVs. The trail goes through the jungle and the nearby bushes might scratch your legs.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.