Full Day Thai Farm Cooking School
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Escape the hustle and bustle of the Chiang Mai City and learn how to cook authentic Thai food on a peaceful organic farm in the countryside. A fun-loving English-speaking Thai chef will guide you through the exotic ingredients and techniques used to make several delicious Thai dishes. Learn how to make homemade sticky rice and curry paste the old-fashioned way! Then, make your own Thai soup, curry dish, noodle dish, stir-fry dish, and dessert.
Pick-up will be between 8:30 AM and 9 AM. After the course finishes around 4 PM, we will drop you off at your hotel or guesthouse. We can pick you up anywhere within a 3-kilometer radius of the Old City. This tour is available daily.
- 8:30 AM
- Depart from your hotel or guesthouse in an air-conditioned vehicle
- 9:15 AM
- Visit a local produce market
- 10 AM
- Arrive at the cooking school and organic farm and meet the chef
- 10:15 AM
- Put on an apron and learn how to cook sticky rice in the traditional style
- 10:30 AM
- Learn about the different herbs, vegetables, and fruit that we grow at our farm
- 11 AM
- Use a mortar and pestle to pound Thai herbs and spices into a curry paste
- 11:30 AM
- Prepare your choice of Thai soup
- 12 PM
- Enjoy a short break and taste test your creation
- 1 PM
- Enjoy making a curry, a noodle, and a stir-fry dish with help from your instructor
- 2:30 PM
- Finish the class with making a sweet Thai dessert
- 3 PM
- Relax and dine on your homemade Thai meal with friends
- 4 PM
- Receive a Thai cookbook and say goodbye to the cooking school
- 5 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: The times above are approximate and may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and the abilities of other group members. Therefore, there is no formal schedule aside from pick-up and drop-off times.
About the Full Day Cooking Class At Thai Farm Cooking School
The Thai Farm Cooking School is roughly 17 kilometers outside of the city, so enjoy a scenic ride after being picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai. On the way to the cooking school, visit the local Ruamchok Market and see what kinds of fruit and vegetables are for sale at a typical outdoor produce market in Thailand.
Once you arrive at the cooking school and organic farm, take a tour the rows of fresh herbs, fruits, and vegetables. Enjoy picking some of the fresh ingredients straight from the garden that will be used to cook your very own homemade meal!
Afterward, you’ll be guided to the cooking area in a well-equipped kitchen. Each person will have his/her own cooking station and will be provided with an apron and all the necessary tools and cutlery to prepare the food. This is where the magic happens! Whether this is your first time cooking or you’ve done it before, everyone will have fun learning the secrets of making a home-cooked Thai meal.
Everyone will learn how to make Thailand’s famous sticky rice. Then, choose one of the following Thai soups to make: hot and sour tom yum with shrimp, creamy tom kha with chicken, or a Thai vegetable soup. Next, you’ll learn how to make one of three kinds of curry pastes by pounding together herbs and spices with a mortar and pestle: red curry, yellow curry, or green curry. Afterward, you’ll make a chicken curry dish with your paste.
Depending on which day you sign up for the class, there are different options for the remaining noodle, stir-fry, and dessert courses. On Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday learn how to cook Spring Rolls, Chicken with Cashew Nuts, and Mango with Sticky Rice. On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday learn how to make Pad Thai, Chicken with Basil, as well as Bananas in Coconut Milk.
Finally, once everyone has finished preparing their Thai dishes, enjoy eating your meal on a terrace that overlooks a fishpond, the organic farm, and the mountains in the distance. Remember your Thai cooking experience with a free recipe book and then relax on the ride back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
This Tour Includes
- English-speaking instructor
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via air-conditioned minivan and driver
- Market tour and organic garden tour
- All ingredients for cooking
- Lemongrass tea and drinking water
- Easy-to-follow recipe book
What To Bring
- Your appetite!
- Comfortable, closed-toed shoes
- A pen and paper (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- All children must be accompanied by an adult. If your child is younger than 12 years old, please contact us for our rates and to learn more about the different cooking options and age limitations.
- If you would like to visit the cooking class with your friend or family member but do not want to cook, the fee is ฿600 per adult (12 years and older) and ฿400 per child (11 years and under).
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform us at the time of booking. The entire menu can easily accommodate vegetarian or vegan diets upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can fit our Tours to your needs.
Just contact us and we’ll provide you with
all the informations you need.