Private Tour : Doi Suthep Temple + Home Of Handicrafts San Kamphaeng
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Doi Suthep Temple, Bo Sang, Umbrellas, Thai Silk, Silver Jewelry, Teak Wood Carvings, Lacquerware
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Private Tour
This half day trip is the perfect introduction to Northern Thai culture. Begin the tour with a visit to the iconic Doi Suthep Temple, which features stunning views of the valley below and beautiful Buddhist shrines. Then go on to explore a home industry filled with amazing handmade Thai specialty arts and crafts.
Morning tour from 8 AM to 1 PM
- 8 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 8:30 AM : Explore Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple) atop a local mountain
- 9:30 AM : Drive to San Kamphaeng, a town home to Thai handicraft shops and villages
- 1 PM : Return to your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai
Afternoon tour from 1 PM to 6 PM
- 1 PM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 1:30 AM : Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple)
- 2:30 PM : Explore the various handicraft shops and villages in San Kamphaeng
- 6 PM : Return to your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
Doi Suthep Temple
A visit to Doi Suthep Temple is a must for anyone visiting Chiang Mai. Locally known as Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, it is a spectacular temple complex with beautiful Buddha shrines and auspicious relics. Perched atop of a mountain, it has a staircase of more than 300 steps leading up to its entrance. The views of Chiang Mai City from this viewpoint are worth the climb! For visitors who prefer not to use the stairs, there is a cable car ride to the top.
Please Note: It is important to dress properly when visiting any Buddhist temple. Please wear pants or long skirts and do not wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts. Every guest will take off their footwear before entering the temple no matter what type of shoes you have on.
San Kamphaeng Handicraft Village
San Kamphaeng is a ‘home of handicrafts’ and the perfect place to browse through unique items that are made right here in Chiang Mai. Your first stop will be at Bo Sang, a village known for making brightly colored paper umbrellas. Then you’ll continue to a series of shops that sell handmade crafts such as silver jewelry, Thai silk, teak wood carvings, and lacquerware. These items make wonderful keepsakes for yourself and delightful gifts for friends back home.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses, souvenirs during the trip
- Tipping personnel
What To Bring
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Camera (Optional)
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
For booking, please contact us.
|Group Size||Price / Person|