Private Tour Chiang Rai : White Temple + Long Neck Karen + Golden Triangle
- Location: Chiang Rai Province
- Highlights: White Temple, Golden Triangle, Thai-Myanmar Border Market, Hill Tribe Villages
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
This full day tour will take you along picturesque routes to Chiang Rai. This province, which is just north of Chiang Mai, is home to several stunning sites including the White Temple and the Golden Triangle overlook. During the tour you will also have the opportunity to visit a market at the Thai-Myanmar border as well as the Akha and ‘Long Neck’ Karen hill tribe villages.
- 7 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 9 AM : Enjoy a short coffee break at a natural hot spring (approx. 20 minutes)
- 11 AM : Visit the White Temple in Chiang Rai (approx.40 minutes)
- 1 PM : Eat lunch at a restaurant not far from the Golden Triangle (approx. 45 minutes)
- 2 PM : Explore the Golden Triangle viewpoint of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar (approx. 1 hour)
- Optional Tour : Tour the Mekong River to the Don Sao Island in a river boat
- 3:30 PM : Shop at the Thai-Myanmar border market (approx. 40 minutes)
- 4:45 PM : Visit the Akha and ‘Long Neck’ Karen hill tribe villages (approx. 40 minutes)
- 6 PM : Depart from Chiang Rai; stop at a gas station along the way
- 9 PM : Return to your accommodation
While visiting the Golden Triangle, there is an optional tour of Don Sao Island in Laos. If you are interested in going, please tell your tour guide and they will arrange a river boat for your group. If you do not wish to go, you are welcomed to take relax at the Golden Triangle or visit the House of Opium nearby for 50 baht per person. For more details, refer to the ‘Additional Information’ section below.
Please Note : Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
After an early morning pickup, take a scenic drive through Thailand’s northern countryside. Enjoy a brief stop at a local hot spring to buy coffee and stretch your legs. Fun Fact: this natural springs is hot enough to boil an egg!
After arriving in Chiang Rai, your first stop will be at the dazzling Wat Rong Khun. Also known as the White Temple, it is one of Thailand’s most recognizable temples. Once you’re standing at its entrance, it won’t be hard to understand why: the nine structures that make up the White Temple are entirely white and covered in intricate sculptures and tiny mirrors that shimmer in the sun.
Your tour will continue to the Golden Triangle, a region of Thailand that was notorious for its opium trade decades ago. Within the Golden Triangle is an overlook of the place where the Mekong and Krok Rivers join to create the borders of present-day Thailand, Myanmar, and Laos.
Thai-Myanmar Border Market
Not far from the Golden Triangle is the Thai-Myanmar border and the most northern city of Thailand called Mae Sai. Mae Sai is a small trading town where you can find great bargains among the vendors.
Hill Tribe Villages
Your tour will wrap up with a visit to two different hill tribes, the Akha and the ‘Long Neck’ Karen. Both tribes are unique to Northern Thailand and wear strikingly different clothing. These people are also well-known for their beautiful handmade crafts, which are perfect mementos of your visit to Thailand. Afterwards, you can look forward to relaxing on the drive back to Chiang Mai with a short rest-stop along with way.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses, souvenirs during the trip
- Tipping personnel
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- Be sure to bring your passport for this tour. You must have it in order to cross the Thai-Burmese border to visit the market in Tachilek, Myanmar and to cross the Thai-Laos border to visit the market on Don Sao Island, Laos.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|