Private Tour : Chiang Rai + White Temple + Black House + Long Neck Karen + Tea Plantation
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
This one day adventure highlights some of the most visually stunning destinations in Chiang Rai. Take a trip to one of the most recognizable temples in Thailand, the White Temple, as well as the lesser known opposing structure, the Black House. Further into the quiet hills of Northern Thailand meet indigenous ‘Long Neck’ villagers and explore a picturesque tea plantation.
You will be picked up at your hotel or guesthouse at 7 AM and then driven to Chiang Rai Province. You will return to Chiang Mai at approximately 8 PM.
- 7 AM
- Depart from your hotel or guesthouse in an air-conditioned minivan
- 8 AM
- Take a coffee break at the Mae Khachan Hot Spring
- 10 AM
- Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the White Temple
- 11:15 AM
- Walk through a tea plantation at Boon Rawd Farm and visit a nearby park
- 12:45 PM
- Eat lunch at a Thai restaurant near the river
- 2 PM
- Explore the mysterious buildings of the Black House
- 3:30 PM
- Visit a ‘Long Neck’ Karen hill tribe village
- 4:30 PM
- Departure Chiang Rai
- 8 PM
- Return to your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other tour groups. Therefore, there is no formal schedule aside from pick-up and drop-off times.
Mae Khachan Hot Spring
Take a quick stop to at a local hot spring. Stretch your legs and have a cup of coffee near the natural mineral water spout, which is hot enough to boil an egg!
The White Temple
The first major stop on your private tour is Wat Rong Khun. Better known as the White Temple, this entirely white building is adorned with celestial decorations and glinting mirrors. The all-white theme extends to the unusual sculptures and fence that surrounds the famous temple. Even the koi fish in the ponds are white!
Boon Rawd Farm
Who said farms are uninteresting? This plantation tickles the senses with its picture perfect rows of tea and fresh, uplifting scent. The view is not only stunning but this farm provides sustainable jobs to the local Thai and hill tribe communities.
The Black House
Next on the agenda is the Black House (Baan Dam), which is a stark contrast to the ethereal White Temple. Part art gallery part museum, the Black House is actually composed of several buildings decorated in a dark, menacing theme. Inside you will find the rooms to be adorned with buffalo skulls and horns, snake and alligator skins, and even entire skeletons of large jungle creatures. There is also a torture chamber with sinister metal devices on display. Needless to say, this stop is very different from your typical touristy destination and may even be disturbing to some visitors.
Long Neck’ Karen Hill Tribe Village
The final stop on your private tour is a ‘Long Neck’ Karen hill tribe village. Many people are familiar with the tribeswomen’s tradition of elongating their necks by wearing large, golden rings. This custom is distinct to a small section of the Karen hill tribe known as the Padaung. Here you will learn about the history of these unique people and watch as they create beautiful handicrafts.
This Tour Includes
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Minivan with air-conditioning and driver
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- One small bottle of water
- Travel accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Other expenses, souvenirs during the trip
- Tipping personnel
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes that can be easily removed
- Hat and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|