1 Day Pha Dok Siew Mini Trekking + Highest Peak of Thailand
- Location: Chiang Mai , Doi Inthanon
- Highlights: Doi Inthanon, Easy Trek of 2 Hours, Royal twin pagodas, Highest peak, Nature trails, Rice terraces, Waterfall, Swimming, Hmong market, Organic coffee plantation
- Free pick-up and drop-off within 6 km of city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Private Tour
- • Per Person : ฿1,000
Join us on this private full-day tour and enjoy a beautiful day trekking on Doi Inthanon, Thailand’s tallest mountain and seeing the best sights. The highlight of this trip is a breathtaking 2-hour hike on the Pha Dok Siew Nature Trail, where you’ll see exotic wildlife and plants, rice terraces, and a waterfall with a plunge pool. Additional activities include visiting other spectacular waterfalls on the mountain, exploring a Hmong hill tribe market, sampling coffee from a local Karen hill tribe farm, and visiting the Royal Twin Pagodas.
Duration: 8 AM to 6:30 PM
- 8 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 9:30 AM : Visit the Wachirathan Waterfall, the tallest waterfall in the Doi Inthanon National Park
- Optional – Visit the Mae Ya Waterfall (if open)
- 11 AM : Ride up the mountain to the Royal Twin Pagodas and the surrounding flower gardens
- 12 PM : Take a short forest walk to the Doi Inthanon Summit, the highest peak in Thailand
- 1 PM : Explore and shop for local food and produce at a Hmong hill tribe market
- 1:30 PM : Sit down and eat a delicious Thai lunch
- 2:30 PM : Trek along the Pha Dok Siew Nature Trail where you’ll see rice terraces, a waterfall, and visit an organic Karen hill tribe coffee farm (approximately 2 hours)
- 6:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: Your private tour guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other tour groups.
Begin your full-day private tour with a ride to Doi Inthanon National Park. First, you’ll visit the stunning Wachirathan Waterfall, which is also known as the Rainbow Waterfall due to the beautiful rainbows created by the surrounding mist.
Then, continue to Doi Inthanon’s biggest waterfall, Mae Ya Waterfall. This waterfall is powerful year-round, but sometimes park authorities close it off to visitors after heavy rains.
Royal Twin Pagodas
Continue your tour with a ride up the mountain to the spectacular Royal Twin Pagodas. These spiraling chedis were built to honor the birthdays of the King and Queen of Thailand. They are perched high on the mountainside and are surrounded by colorful flower gardens. You can also enjoy a birds-eye-view of the valley below.
Doi Inthanon Summit
Drive to the very top of the mountain to the Doi Inthanon Summit, which is the highest point in the country (2,565 meters or 8,400 feet). To reach the summit, take a brief but magical walk along the Angkha Nature Trail, which will take you through moss-covered trees and past ancient shrines.
Hmong Hill Tribe Market
For a glimpse into local life, visit the Hmong hill tribe market. Here you will find the locals selling fruits and vegetables and various handicrafts. The fresh produce is harvested from the King’s Royal Projects, a program that educates hill tribe people in sustainable farming methods so that they can support their families.
Pha Dok Siew Nature Trail
After sitting down to enjoy a Thai lunch, enjoy a 2-hour trek along the Pha Dok Siew Nature Trail. Hike through shady forests and up and down the scenic jungle paths to terraced rice fields and the Pha Dok Siew Waterfall, where you can swim in its natural freshwater plunge pool! Afterward, continue along the trail to a local Karen hill tribe coffee farm and enjoy a cup of organic coffee. At the end of the trek, relax in a private vehicle while riding back to Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- English-speaking tour guide
- Local tour guide on the Pha Dok Siew Nature Trail
- Entrance fees for all standard activities
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses, souvenirs during the trip
- Tipping personnel
- Fees for optional (add-on) tours, the Mae Ya Waterfall (if open) 700 baht/group
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Money for small purchases
- Camera (optional)
- Because it has a number of physical activities, this trek is NOT appropriate for elderly people with movement problems. Participants who want to join should be relatively fit and be able to walk up and down steep paths and along jungle trails.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.