Bike Tour – Doi Suthep – Pui and Lake Huay Tueng Tao
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What to Bring
- Additional Informations
Escape to nature on this full-day downhill bike tour of Chiang Mai’s neighboring mountains, Doi Suthep and Doi Pui. Navigate your way through twists and turns on a dirt-packed nature path, passing by incredible jungle landscapes and views of the Mae Ping Valley. No matter your bike riding experience, from beginners to advanced, all riders are welcomed to join us for one of the best sightseeing routes in the city!
Pickup will be between 9:15 AM and 9:30 AM if your hotel is in the Old City. Pickup will be between 9:30 AM and 9:45 AM if your hotel is within 3 kilometers outside of the Old City or in the Night Bazaar area. This tour is available daily.
- 10:30 AM
- Arrive at the trailhead at the Hmong village and begin your hike up Doi Suthep-Pui (approximately 2.5 hours)
- 12:30 PM
- Arrive at hill tribe village and grab mountain bikes and safety gear before beginning your descent through lush forests (approximately 2 hours)
- 2:30 PM
- Cool off with a swim in the Huay Tueng Tao Lake and enjoy a local Thai lunch
- 4 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: The length of time spent bike riding will depend on the traffic, weather, and the ability of other visitors. Therefore, the times of the events in the above schedule may vary. Only the pickup and drop-off times are final.
About the Doi Suthep – Pui and Lake Huay Tueng Tao Bike Tour
Rain or shine, join us for an adventurous bike tour down Chiang Mai’s nearest mountains, Doi Suthep and Doi Pui, to the scenic Huay Tueng Tao Lake. Along the way, experience the refreshingly cool jungles courtesy of the high altitude, tropical greenery, and valley views.
In the morning of your tour, you will be picked you up from your hotel and taken to a local bike shop to choose the proper bike and gear and meet your English-speaking guide. Then, make the journey by truck to the Doi Suthep-Pui National Park, which is 1,600 meters above sea level and overlooks Chiang Mai City in the valley below.
After a thorough safety briefing, it’s time to put on your riding gear, grab your bike, and start pedaling! Your instructor will lead you through cool and quiet jungle terrain to the first stop, a local coffee plantation, where you’ll see flowering or fruiting Arabic coffee trees.
The trail continues with a gentle downward slope, with the occasional brief uphill stretch and moderately sharp turn to challenge but not overwhelm riders. Along the way, witness local Hmong villagers tending to their mountainside farmlands. You may even see seasonal fruits and vegetables, such as lychees, bananas, carrots, avocados, radishes, and corn, sold on roadside stands.
Your guide will maintain a relaxed pace throughout the trip. Roughly halfway through the trip, you’ll have the opportunity to ride on a slightly more technical path if you so choose. Otherwise, continue enjoying the cool breeze while pedaling along smooth dirt paths hugged by the forest, stopping at viewpoints along the way.
The trail concludes at the base of the Doi Suthep-Pui Mountain at a final elevation of 370 meters. A well-deserved lunch of local Thai food, refreshing drinks, and tropical fruit await you at the nearby Huay Tueng Tao Lake. Enjoy the unique experience of dining in the shade of thatched-roofed huts sitting along the lake’s perimeter. After you’ve had your fill, take a swim in the lake, turn in your bike for the day, and relax on the truck ride back to Chiang Mai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
This Tour Includes
- Bike rental
- Protective gear (helmet, gloves, knee and elbow pads, chest protector)
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via truck with driver
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- First-aid insurance
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable sports shoes (no flip-flops or slippers)
- Wear a loose fitting t-shirt and shorts and a swimsuit under your clothes
- A raincoat (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Daypack with extra shirt and shorts
- Camera (optional) with a waterproof bag or case
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can fit our Tours to your needs.
Just contact us and we’ll provide you with
all the informations you need.