Mae Kampong Homestay 2 Days 1 Night
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Mae Kampong Village, Homestay, Thai Massage, Hot Spring, Fermented Tea, Waterfall, Swimming
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Private Tour
Escape to Chiang Mai’s countryside for a laid-back village experience and natural wonders. This two-day private tour takes you to Mae Kampong Village, known for tea and coffee production. Enjoy hiking to a seven-tiered waterfall, Thai foot massage, almsgiving to monks, and Sankampang Hot Springs before returning to Chiang Mai.
- 8:30 AM: Meeting in the hotel lobby.
- 9 AM: Shopping for fresh produce and snacks.
- 10:30 AM: Exploration of the village.
- 1 PM: Lunch.
- 2:30 PM: Enjoy a Thai foot massage.
- 6 PM: Your hosts will help you prepare dinner.
- 6:30 AM: Alms giving.
- 8 AM: Breakfast and free time.
- 9:30 AM : Thank the host and say goodbye.
- 10 AM : Visit the hot springs of San Kamphaeng.
- 12:30 PM : Return to Chiang Mai city center.
What we'll do
Day 1: Chiang Mai to Ban Mae Kampong
In the morning, your private English-speaking guide will pick you up in an air-conditioned vehicle and drive you an hour east of Chiang Mai to the Mae Kampong village. On the first day, explore the small town and its farmlands, hike to a waterfall, enjoy a Thai massage, and share a home-cooked Thai dinner with your host family.
Local Thai Store: Take a picturesque drive through cool, misty mountains to Mae Kampong Village and stop at a local store with your guide along the way. Browse the aisles of fresh produce and snacks and help gather fresh ingredients for dinner.
Coffee and Tea Plantations: Explore the town center and then walk to the nearby plantations, which produce special crops that the local people tend to and sell for a living.
Mae Kampong Waterfall: Take a hike through the green jungle to the beautiful seven-tiered Mae Kampong Waterfall. Relax, enjoy the mist from the falls, and cool off in the refreshing water of the natural plunge pool.
Thai Lunch: Your guide will prepare a traditional Thai picnic lunch that you can eat by the waterfall.
Traditional Thai Massage: Return to the village and enjoy a one-hour Thai Foot massage.
Host Family Meal: After more rest time, join your host family for a home-cooked Thai meal before retiring for an early evening at a village homestay.
Day 2: Ban Mae Kampong to Chiang Mai
On the second day of the tour, wake up before the sunrise and participate in a special almsgiving ritual with the village monks. Afterward, enjoy leisure time exploring the town and then visit a nearby natural cave before returning to Chiang Mai.
Alms to the Monks: Every morning, townspeople gather to give alms to the monks. Watch the local Thai people respectfully give food, gifts, and other necessities to them. You are welcomed to follow your guide’s lead and partake in this traditional experience.
Thai Breakfast: Eat a simple breakfast overlooking the beautiful mountains of Mae Kampong and sip on a cup of locally sourced, roasted, and brewed coffee.
Village Exploration: Pack up your belongings and enjoy some leisure time exploring the village at your own pace.
San Kamphaeng Hot Springs : Healing waters, breathtaking surroundings. Relax in soothing baths, experience boiling eggs in steam. Find peace and rejuvenation in this enchanting oasis.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- One breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner (three meals total)
- Basic accommodations and sleeping materials at a homestay
- Entrance fees
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses such as souvenirs, tipping personnel, and laundry fees
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What To Bring
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sandals or flip-flops that can get wet
- A small backpack
- A bathing suit and towel (worn underneath your clothes)
- Two extra changes of clothing (t-shirts, shorts, socks, underwear)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- A flashlight
- Personal first-aid kit (band-aids, disinfectant wipes)
- Personal toiletries including toilet paper or tissues
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Money for small purchases such as drinks and village souvenirs
- Camera (optional)
- During the cool season (November to January) the nights can be quite cool. Pack a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, and socks to sleep in
- During the rainy season (June, July, and August) pack a light raincoat
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
For booking, please contact us.
|Group Size||Price / Person|