Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail – Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Inthanon
- 2 Hours Trekking
- Doi Inthanon, Royal Twin Pagodas, Nature Trails, Waterfalls, Hmong Market
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Experience the beautiful sights of the Doi Inthanon National Park and the Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail on this full-day trekking private tour. Your local guide will take you to the magnificent Royal Twin Pagodas and the famous Summit, the highest peak on Thailand’s tallest mountain. Walk along nature trails where you’ll see exotic wildflowers and birds, buy locally grown fruits and vegetables, and breathe in the refreshing mist from two stunning waterfalls.
This tour is available from 1 November until 31 May.
You will be picked up from your hotel or guesthouse at 7:30 AM and then ride in an air-conditioned minivan to Doi Inthanon. You can expect to return to Chiang Mai around 5:30 PM.
- 7:30 AM
- Depart from your hotel or guesthouse in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- 9:30 AM
- Arrive at the Doi Inthanon National Park and visit the King and Queen Twin Pagodas surrounded by a beautiful flower garden
- 10:30 AM
- Visit Doi Inthanon Summit, the top of the tallest peak in Thailand
- 11:15 AM
- Hike the Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail (approximately 2 hours or 3 kilometers)
- 1:30 PM
- Eat a delicious Thai Lunch
- 2 PM
- Explore a local Hmong market and shop for local fruit and vegetables
- 2:30 PM
- Visit the spectacular cascades of the Sirithan Waterfall
- 3 PM
- Look at the rainbows created by the park’s tallest waterfall, Wachirathan Waterfall
- 5:30 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: Your private tour guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other tour groups.
Royal Twin Pagodas
After a beautiful drive through Chiang Mai’s countryside, enter the Doi Inthanon National Park and commence your private tour with a visit to the stunning Royal Twin Pagodas. Mirroring each other in majestic towering spirals, these pagodas were built to honor Their Majesties the King and Queen of Thailand. They have beautiful views of the valley below and are surrounded by manicured flower gardens, which may be blanketed in fog in the morning.
Highest Point in Thailand
Doi Inthanon is Thailand’s tallest mountain at a height of 2,565 meters (8,400 feet) above sea level. At this altitude, the temperatures are surprisingly cool! Walk along the short Angkha Nature Trail through deep green forests and moss-covered bridges to reach the highest point on the mountain, which is known as the Doi Inthanon Summit.
Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail
The Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail has some of the most beautiful views in the entire country. Stretching a just over three kilometers long, you’ll enjoy fantastic sights along forested trails. Enjoy lush green tropical and evergreen forests, rolling mountainsides, deep valleys, and stunning skies. You will also be able to see incredible wildlife such as rare species of wildflowers (best from December through February) and birds (best from November through March).
Hmong Hill Tribe Market
After briefly resting and eating a local lunch of Thai food, the tour continues to a Hmong hill tribe market. Here you’ll find fruit, vegetables, and tea that are grown on the nearby mountainside by local farmers using sustainable farming techniques. In fact, the produce cannot grow elsewhere in Thailand due to the mountain’s year-round cool temperatures. By buying from them, you are supporting the local economy and the farmer’s families.
The tour concludes with a visit to two of the Doi Inthanon National Park’s most popular waterfalls: the Sirithan Waterfall and the Wachirathan Waterfall. The Sirithan Waterfall has a 40-meter cascade that is most impressive during the green season from May to November. At the Wachirathan Waterfall, which is also known as the Rainbow Waterfall, you can see rainbows created by the mist surrounding the 80-meter tall falls.
This Tour Includes
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Local tour guide on the Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail
- Direct pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via minivan with air-conditioning and driver
- Entrance fees for all standard activities
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Other expenses, souvenirs during the trip
- Tipping personnel
- Fees for optional (add-on) tours
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Money for small purchases
- Camera (optional)
- Because it has a number of physical activities, this trek is NOT appropriate for elderly people with movement problems or families with young children. Participants who want to join should be relatively fit and be able to walk up and down steep paths and along jungle trails.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This tour is operated by Bon Voyage Thailand.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|
|3 - 4 Persons||฿2,500.00|
|5 - 6 Persons||฿2,000.00|
|7 - 8 Persons||฿1,800.00|