Half Day Pantawan Cooking Class – Out of Town
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Luxury Thai cooking, Thai cooking techniques, Organic herb garden, Local Thai market
- English-speaking tour guide
- Small group tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
If you’re looking to do something truly special in Chiang Mai, treat yourself to a luxury cooking class at Pantawan Cooking. There you’ll learn how to cook delicious traditional Thai food in a beautiful teak wood Thai home surrounded by a lush organic herb garden. It comes with a unique twist: the four-course menu changes depending on what day of the week it is, so pick you favorite menu and come join us for a daytime (lunch) or evening (dinner) class.
Daytime (lunch) class from 9 AM to 2 PM
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 9 AM to 9:15 AM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 9:15 AM to 9:30 AM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 10 AM : Meet your instructor at a local Thai market and learn about the fresh ingredients of Thai food
- 10:45 AM : Enjoy a welcome drink and cool towel at Pantawan Cooking
- 11 AM : Learn basic Thai cooking techniques and make your first Thai dish
- 12 PM : Have fun making the rest of your Thai dishes with help from your instructor
- 12:30 PM : Relax and dine on the dishes you made yourself
- 1:30 PM : Receive a recipe book and say goodbye to the cooking school
- 2 PM : Return to your accommodation
Evening (dinner) class from 4 PM to 8:30 PM
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 4 PM to 4:15 PM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 4:15 PM to 4:30 PM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 5 PM : Tour a local market and learn about fresh herbs, fruit, and vegetables
- 5:45 PM : Arrive at Pantawan Cooking and enjoy a welcome drink and refreshing towel
- 6 PM : Begin learning basic Thai cooking techniques at your own cooking station
- 6:30 PM : Make four Thai dishes with help from your instructor
- 7:30 PM : Relax, sit down, and eat your dishes
- 8 PM : Receive a recipe book and depart from the cooking school
- 8:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: The times above are approximate and may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
About the Half Day Pantawan Cooking Class
After choosing whether you want to experience a daytime or evening luxury cooking class, your day begins with a trip to a local market where you can smell and sample the fresh local produce. Your friendly English-speaking instructor, who is also a chef, will guide you through the rows of fruit and vegetable stalls and teach you about the ingredients used in traditional Thai food.
Afterward, it’s time to learn how to cook. Enjoy a short scenic ride through the countryside to the beautiful cooking school. There, in a classic teak wood house surrounded by an organic herb garden, you’ll learn how to prepare Thai food the same way high-end restaurants do.
Your teacher is passionate about cooking and wants you to be, too. They will guide you through the steps of dicing and chopping various ingredients at your luxury wooden cooking station with all the proper cooking utensils. Whether you’re a novice cook or a professional chef, they are there to show how much fun it is cooking Thai food!
The Pantawan Cooking is unlike other cooking classing in Chiang Mai in that the menu changes depending on the day of the week.
Monday: Northern Dishes
- Abb Pla: Grilled Fish with Herbs in Banana Leaves
- Nam Prik Ong: Northern Style Chili Dip with Minced Pork and Cherry Tomatoes
- Lab Muang Kai: Northern Thai Spicy Chicken Salad with Herbs
- Khao Soi Gai: Chiang Mai Curry Noodles with Chicken
Tuesday: Famous E-Sarn Dishes (Northeast Thailand)
- Gai Yang: Thai Northeastern Style Grilled Chicken
- Tom Sabb: E-Sarn Spicy Clear Soup with Pork
- Nam Toke Moo: Grilled Pork Spicy Salad
- Som Tam: Papaya Salad
Wednesday: Healthy Dishes
- Tom Yum Koong: Spicy Lemongrass Soup with Prawn and Mushrooms
- Pla Nuang Buey: Steamed Ruby Fish in Pickled Plum Sauce
- Khao Pad Moo: Fried Rice with Pork
- Pad Preaw Waan Moo/Gai: Stir-Fried Sweet and Sour Pork or Chicken
Thursday: Thai Homestyle
- Kang Keaw Wan Gai: Thai Green Curry with Chicken
- Pad Ka Prao Moo: Stir-Fried Pork with Garlic and Holy Basil Leaves
- Khao Pad Sapparod: Pineapple Fried Rice with Cashew Nuts
- Hor Mok: Thai Steamed Curry Fish in a Banana Leaf Cup
Friday: Royal Thai Cuisine
- Panang Moo: Panang Curry with Pork
- Tung Tong: Deep Fried Spiced Wonton “Golden Bag”
- Kung Pad Hed Hom: Stir-Fried Prawn with Shitake Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce
- Pla Rad Prik: Fried Ruby Fish with Sweet and Sour Chili Sauce
Saturday: All Time Favorite
- Kaeng Massaman Moo: Massaman Curry with Pork
- Por Pia Tod: Fried Spring Rolls
- Gai Pad Mamuang Himmapan: Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashews
- Pad Thai: Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Egg and Tamarind Sauce
Sunday: Chef’s Choices
- Tom Ka Gai: Coconut Milk Soup with Chicken
- Pad Prik Kang Moo: Stir-Fried Red Curry Paste with Pork, Kaffir Lime Leaves, and Basil
- Plamuk Pad Pong Karee: Stir-Fried Calamari with Yellow Curry
- Yam Moo Yang: Spicy Grilled Pork Salad
Once you’ve cooked your Thai dishes, now it’s time for the best part – eating it! Sit down and relax on teak wood deck that overlooks the garden and enjoy eating the four-course meal you created yourself. After you’ve eaten your fill, your instructor will give you a recipe book to take home with you. Say your goodbyes and and then relax on the drive back to your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and a driver
- English-speaking instructor
- Market tour and local food tasting
- Welcome drink and cold towel upon arrival
- All ingredients for cooking
- Recipe book and certificate of graduation from Pantawan Cooking
What To Bring
- A healthy appetite
- Comfortable, closed-toed shoes
- A pen and paper (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Children must be at least 6 years old to participate in the cooking class and must be accompanied by an adult.
- This cooking class is also available as a private class for ฿3,350 per person (minimum 2 people).
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform us at the time of booking. The entire menu can easily accommodate vegetarian or vegan diets upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 9 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.