Half Day Morning Hug Elephant Sanctuary
- Location: Mae Wang, Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: : Elephant's Behavior and History lesson, Feed Elephants, Elephant Mud Spa, Bathe Elephants, Waterfall, Swimming
- English-speaking tour guide
- Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
Take a trip to meet elephants that have been rescued from the hard labors of logging and riding camps. Learn about their history and unique behavior from a local Thai guide and then have fun feeding and playing with them in their jungle home. Afterward, give them a mud bath and then join them for a swim in the river. It’s an unforgettable experience that you’ll be talking about for years to come. This half day tour is also offered in the afternoons.
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 6:30 AM to 6:45 AM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 6:45 AM to 7 AM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 8 AM : Arrive at Hug Elephant and meet your local Thai guide
- 8:10 AM : Learn about the behavior and history of elephants and then feed and play with them in the natural home
- 8:45 AM : Give the elephants a mud bath and take them for a walk down to the waterfalls
- 9:30 AM : Give the elephants a bath and then swim in the waterfalls
- 10:30 AM : Change into your dry clothes
- 11 AM : Take a break and enjoy a light Thai meal
- 11:30 AM : Leave the Hug Elephant and return to Chiang Mai
- 1 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: You will spend as much time as possible with the elephants depending on the weather and traffic. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary.
About the Half Day Morning Hug Elephant Sanctuary Tour
Take an early morning drive through the Thai countryside on your exciting trip to see elephants. After you’ve arrived at Hug Elephant, you will meet your English-speaking guide, who will tell you all about the history of the Asian elephant and their health and behavior.
Now it’s time to meet the meet the elephants. Learn their names and how to tell them apart by their different sizes and special personalities. Pet them and feed them their favorite snacks before getting messy and joining the elephants for a mud spa. Once they are thoroughly covered with mud, take a walk to a waterfall and then scrub them clean in the river.
Afterward, clean up and change into dry clothes. Rest a bit and have a Thai meal and then relax on the ride back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Thai snack
- Travel accident insurance
- Food for feeding the elephants
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 25 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.