Half Day Morning Elephant Rescue Park
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
One of the most talked-about things to do in Chiang Mai is to see the elephants. The Elephant Rescue Park is an elephant sanctuary that’s dedicated to providing a safe and loving home for elephants that were once abused and homeless. On this half-day morning tour, learn what makes elephants so special in Thai culture, hear stories of the herd at the park, and spend time feeding, petting, and bathing them. This tour is perfect for all ages and group sizes!
Pick-up will be between 7:45 AM and 8:15 AM if your hotel is in Chiang Mai’s Old City and Night Bazaar area. Pick-up will be between 8:15 AM and 8:30 AM if your hotel is within 3 kilometers outside of the Old City. This tour is available daily.
- 9:30 AM
- Arrive at the camp, meet your guide, and change into elephant-friendly uniforms
- 10 AM
- Enjoy an introductory lesson about the history and behavior of elephants
- 10:30 AM
- Feed, pet, and interact with the rescued elephants in their natural habitat
- 11 AM
- Walk with them to a scenic viewpoint and then down the hillside to a natural swimming pool
- 11:30 AM
- Enjoy brushing the elephants and giving them a bath in the cool water
- 12 PM
- Say goodbye to the elephants and dine on delicious Thai lunch
- 1 PM
- Depart the Elephant Rescue Park
- 2 PM
- Return to your hotel or accommodation in Chiang Mai
Please Note: At the Elephant Rescue Park, you will be allowed to spend as much time at each activity depending on the traffic, weather, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the events in the above schedule may vary. Only the pick-up and drop-off times are final.
About the Half Day Morning Elephant Rescue Park Tour (No Riding)
The Elephant Rescue Park is a special sanctuary that’s home to elephants that have been rescued from the hardships of the logging and entertainment industries. Today, these rescued elephants roam freely in their natural habitat and are supported by visitors who partake in tours, make donations, and participate in various fundraising projects.
This trip begins with an early morning pick-up from your hotel or accommodation in Chiang Mai followed by a scenic drive through the surrounding farmlands on your way to the park. Once you’ve arrived, you’ll meet your English-speaking guide and be provided with a special uniform to change into. Your guide will give you a brief introduction of elephants’ history, behavior, and their importance to Thailand before leading you through the jungle to see them.
Cherish the moment you first meet the sanctuary’s elephants, for it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Your guide will tell you all about the elephants’ individual stories and how they came to be living at the Elephant Rescue Park. Learn their names, pet them, and feed them some of their favorite treats. Once you’ve earned their trust, take a through the forest path with them to a scenic overview. Then, follow the path down to a natural swimming pool where you can give them a bath.
After you’ve enjoyed time with these amazing animals, say goodbye and enjoy a local Thai lunch complete with fresh tropical fruit. Afterward, change into dry clothes and relax on your ride back to Chiang Mai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
This Tour Includes
- Experienced English-speaking local guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via air-conditioned minivan
- Uniform for camp activities
- Food for the elephants
- Drinking water and local Thai lunch
- Photo frame made of recycled elephant poopoo paper
- Admission fees
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals that can get wet
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- A pair of socks (to wear with the rubber boots provided at the park)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- A raincoat or poncho (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 30 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can fit our Tours to your needs.
Just contact us and we’ll provide you with
all the informations you need.