Elephant Jungle Sanctuary – Half Day
- What we'll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Don’t have a full day to spend with elephants? That’s ok! Experience a spectacular morning or afternoon visit with elephants with Elephant Jungle Sanctuary’s half-day tour. This package is specially designed to give you as much opportunity to spend with these gentle giants in their natural jungle home while fitting into your busy schedule. Highlights include feeding, playing with them, giving them a mud spa, and bathing them.
Half Day Morning Tour from 6:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Pickup will be between 6:30 AM and 7 AM if your hotel is in Chiang Mai’s Old City or Night Bazaar area. Pickup will be between 7 AM and 7:15 AM if your hotel is no more than 3 kilometers outside of Chiang Mai’s Old City. This tour is available daily.
- 8:30 AM
- Arrive at the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, change into a traditional Karen shirt, and learn about the history of the elephants from your guide.
- 9 AM
- Walk to the elephant’s jungle home and meet them, one-by-one, learning about their individual stories and behaviors.
- 9:45 AM
- Join in on a mud spa with the elephants!
- 10:30 AM
- Walk down to the river and take a dip in the cool water to get clean. Wash the elephants with buckets and brushes.
- 11:30 AM
- Enjoy some refreshments while overlooking the scenic jungle and then say a final farewell to the elephants.
- 12 PM
- Depart the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary.
- 1:30 PM
- Arrive at your hotel or accommodation in Chiang Mai.
Half Day Afternoon Tour from 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Pickup will be between 11:30 AM and 12 PM if your hotel is in Chiang Mai’s Old City or Night Bazaar area. Pickup will be between 12 PM and 12:15 PM if your hotel is no more than 3 kilometers outside of Chiang Mai’s Old City. This tour is available daily.
- 1:30 PM
- Arrive at the home of the elephants and meet your guide. Change into local Karen clothing and learn about the elephants as you walk through the forest to their home.
- 2 PM
- Meet the elephants! Feed them their favorite snacks and get to know their different personalities.
- 2:45 AM
- Have fun getting dirty and slather mud on each other and the elephant.
- 3:30 PM
- Take a walk to the river with the elephants and then take a refreshing dip in the water to get cleaned up.
- 4:30 PM
- Eat some local Thai snacks then say goodbye to the elephants.
- 5 PM
- Leave the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
- 6:30 PM
- Return to your hotel or accommodation in Chiang Mai.
Please Note: At the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, you will be allowed to spend as much time at each activity depending on the traffic, weather, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the events in the above schedule may vary. Only the pickup and drop-off times are final.
About the Half Day Elephant Jungle Sanctuary Tour
Experience stunning views and an unforgettable experience with a small family of elephants during this half-day tour to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary. This local company helps connect people with friendly elephants in a safe and sustainable environment.
Whether you choose the morning tour or afternoon tour, your trip will begin with an hour and a half drive past scenic farms and rolling hills before driving into the jungle-covered mountains and the home of the elephants.
Once you’ve arrived, your English-speaking Karen guide will greet you and tell you about the history of Thailand’s elephants and their importance in Thai culture. You’ll be given a traditional Karen shirt to change into, provided with some bananas and sugar cane, and then guided to meet the free-roaming elephants!
Each elephant has a different background, rescue story, and personality. Spend time with them, one-by-one, and learn their names and their individual behaviors and funny quirks. Win them over with some snacks and enjoy petting them, too.
Afterward, it’s time to get messy! Join the elephants for a therapeutic mud spa, applying mud to their legs and bellies, and to each other. Once everyone is thoroughly covered, walk down to the river jump into the refreshing water, where you and the elephants can take a bath. While swimming and splashing around with the elephants, don’t forget to take photos!
Once you’re clean, you’ll have the opportunity to change into dry clothes and then relax with an afternoon snack. Say goodbye to the elephants and then relax on a scenic drive back to Chiang Mai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
This Tour Includes
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via truck with driver
- Drinking water and snack
- Food for elephants
- Admission fees
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals that can get wet
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- A raincoat or poncho (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Camera (optional)
- Children 3 years old and under are free of charge.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 20 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.