1 Day Mae Kampong Village Tour
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- What to Bring
- Additional Informations
Experience the relaxing way of local village life at Ban Mae Kampong, a small Thai community known for its special fermented tea. During this full-day private tour, unearth hidden gems not often seen by Chiang Mai’s visitors. Activities include learning how the villagers produce coffee and tea for their livelihood, preparing a traditional Thai lunch, trekking to the beautiful Mae Kampong Waterfall, enjoying a relaxing massage, and more. It’s a must-do tour if you want to see country life outside of Chiang Mai City!
You will be picked up from your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai at 8:30 AM and ride in an air-conditioned minivan throughout its duration. The tour ends at approximately 4 PM, and then you will be returned to your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai at approximately 5:30 PM.
Local Produce Market
Visit a fresh produce market on the way to the village. Witness vendors selling tropical fruits and vegetables and sample a local Thai snack of fermented tea leaves known locally as “miang”.
Coffee and Tea Plantations
Walk through the main part of town and then visit the nearby plantations, which sustain the village. Learn about their age-old harvesting and processing techniques to produce high-quality fermented tea and roasted coffee beans.
Mae Kampong Waterfall
Take an invigorating one-hour hike under the jungle’s green canopies to the beautiful Mae Kampong Waterfall. Cool off in the mists surrounding this seven-tiered waterfall and take a swim in its natural plunge pool.
Traditional Thai Lunch
Enjoy a home-cooked meal prepared by your host that feature local Thai delicacies.
Visit a secret temple that few visitors know about. Marvel at its beautiful statues, colorful murals, and special Buddha shrine.
Traditional Thai Massage
Relax with a two-hour Thai massage from a local villager. Your body and limbs will be gentled pulled and pushed during this unique age-old therapy.
This Tour Includes
- Private English-speaking local guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via an air-conditioned vehicle with a driver
- Local Thai lunch
- Entrance fees
- Travel accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Other expenses such as souvenirs and tipping personnel
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- A raincoat or poncho (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|