Elephant Jungle Sanctuary – Full Day
- Location: Mae Wang, Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: : Learn About Elephants and Sanctuary, Meet and Feed Elephants, Elephant Mud Spa, Swim with Elephants, Karen Village
- English-speaking tour guide
- Group Tour
Enjoy a full day of excitement as you learn about the special lives of Thailand’s most revered animal, the elephant, at the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary. Join us for a trip through the mountains jungles of Chiang Mai, nearby a Karen hill tribe village, where you’ll feed, interact, and watch the elephants as they play and freely roam in their natural environment. It’s a safe place for the elephants and is free of riding!
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 8 AM to 8:30AM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 8:30 AM to 8:45 AM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 10:30 AM : Arrive at the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and meet your guide. Take a brief walk through the jungle to the home of the elephants, put on a traditional Karen shirt, and learn about the behavior, anatomy, and history of elephants from your guide.
- 11 AM : Meet the elephants in their natural jungle home. Feed, pet, and play with them while learning about their personal histories. This is a great time to take photos with the elephants.
- 12 PM : Enjoy a traditional Thai lunch served with fresh fruit.
- 1 PM : Make herbal medicine balls and then feed them to the elephants. Walk to the nearby river and bathe and brush the elephants in the fresh water.
- 2 PM : Join the elephants for a therapeutic mud spa. Swim in the river and take photos with the elephants.
- 3 PM : Change into dry clothes and tell the elephants, “Goodbye.”
- 3:30 PM : Depart the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary.
- 5 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: At the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, you will be allowed to spend as much time at each activity depending on the traffic and weather. Therefore, the times of the events in the above schedule may vary.
About the Full Day Elephant Jungle Sanctuary Tour
Your full-day adventure at the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary begins with a scenic 1.5 hour drive through the quiet countryside and into the jungle-covered mountains of Chiang Mai. Once you’ve arrived, you’ll meet your English-speaking tour guide, while will lead you on a 10- to 15-minute trek along a nature path to the home of the elephant. Once you’ve made it to the camp, change into traditional Karen clothing, grab a handful of sugarcane or a bunch of bananas, and get ready to meet the elephants!
Meet the elephants, one by one, and gain their trust by offering them their favorite snacks. Your guide will tell you about their individual backgrounds, such as why they were rescued or how they came to be at the sanctuary. You’ll also witness their different personalities. Some are playful, others shy, and others curious.
In the afternoon, relax on a bamboo seating area overlooking the nearby terraced jungle and enjoy a satisfying lunch of traditional Thai food and fresh tropical fruit. Once you’ve rested and had your fill of food, reunite with your new elephant friends at a nearby river. Once there, grab a bucket and brush and give the elephants a bath!
After the elephants get scrubbed clean, now it’s time for a therapeutic mud spa! Join the elephants as they playfully smear and spread mud all over their bodies to protect themselves from the hot sun and insects. This is a great time to take a photo! After everyone is covered in mud, walk back down to the river and wash off the mud by taking a refreshing dip in the water.
At the end of the trip, say goodbye to the elephants, change into dry clothes, and return to the Karen village along the nature path. Relax in your air-conditioned van on the ride home to Chiang Mai while reflecting on your incredible experience at the Elephant Nature Park. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Drinking water, snack, and local Thai lunch
- Food for elephants
- Admission fees
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals that can get wet
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- A raincoat or poncho (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Camera (optional)
- Children 3 years old and under are free of charge.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 25 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.