Chiang Mai Food Tour at Night
- Chiang Mai
- City walk, Local street food, Local sweet snack, Local bar
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Eat like a local and experience the city center from an entirely different perspective during an evening Chiang Mai food tour. Join us and learn where the locals dine, what their favorite dishes are, and even how to order! Your Thai guide will take you on a walk through the colorful downtown city streets where you’ll find bustling street food markets serving local delicacies to hungry diners. Along the way, you’ll see glowing temples, old-time shops, a popular backpacker area, and an old neighborhood.
Pickup will be between 6 PM and 6:30 PM if your hotel is in the Old City or Night Bazaar areas. Pickup will be between 6:30 PM and 6:45 PM if your hotel is within 3 kilometers outside of the Old City. This tour is available daily.
- Pick up from your hotel in a local red truck taxi
- Enjoy eating several Thai dishes from a local street stall market
- Walk through the city and see shops, temples, and an old neighborhood
- Try a local sweet snack
- Visit a second street food market for more Thai food
- Relax at a local bar and chat with your guide
About the Chiang Mai Food Tour at Night
Experience Chiang Mai’s local culture through your taste buds! This 2.5 to 3 hour evening food tour is perfect for people who are curious about trying the local food. Not only will you taste the delicious flavors of the most popular northern Thai dishes, you’ll also have an English-speaking guide who will show you where to go, what’s safe to eat, how to order, and then how to eat it.
The tour begins with a ride in the back of a local red truck taxi, which is known as a “songthaew” or “rod daeng.” You’ll meet your English-speaking Thai guide, who will tell you the secrets behind what makes Thailand’s street food so famous.
Your first stop will be at bustling street food market. There you’ll see vendors serving steaming bowls of noodles and plates of stir-fried dishes and skewers of meat and vegetables. With the help of your guide and a small pamphlet, practice ordering your dishes – in Thai! Some dishes you’ll likely sample are Thai omelet, fried taro, papaya salad, grill pork skewer, and Thai curry fish cake.
After eating your way through several delicious snacks, the tour continues with a little walk. Along the way, sip on a refreshing tropical fruit smoothie as you walk past one of the most important temples in the city, through an old neighborhood, and by other landmarks that have transformed into something magical in the night lights.
Now that you have more room in your stomach, it’s time to explore a second street food market. Try some spicy Thai sausage or crispy bugs – if you dare! After indulging in sweet and savory snacks, hop into the back of a red truck taxi and make your way to your hotel or guesthouse for the evening.
- One person: ฿1,600
- More than one person: ฿1,200 per person
– If you want to book for tomorrow or have any questions please contact us.
This Tour Includes
- English-speaking licensed tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via local red truck taxi
- 7+ dishes of local Thai food and drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Wear a loose t-shirt, shorts, and comfortable walking shoes
- A raincoat (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Money for small purchases
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.