Half or Full Day Elephant Valley
- Location: Chiang Rai Province
- Highlights: Elephant's History and Behavior, Observe Elephants Freely Roaming, Feed Elephants, Grow and Harvest Elephant Food
- English-speaking tour guide
- Small Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
Don’t miss out on one of the most memorable things you can do in Chiang Rai: spending a day with elephants! At the Elephant Valley, enjoy the thrill of meeting elephant in their natural jungle habitat. There you will get to witness them roaming and playing – just as elephants should! Later, you will meet them and feed them their favorite snacks. There is absolutely no riding.! The Elephant Valley offers half day visits in the morning and afternoon. They also offer a full day tour if you want to spend more time with the elephants. All tours come with lunch and drinks and city center pickup and drop-off.
If you’re interested in the half-day Elephant Valley tour
Pickup will be between 8:30 AM and 8:45 AM for the half day morning tour or between 11:30 PM and 11:45 PM for the half day afternoon tour. You will return to your hotel or guesthouse around either 1:30 PM or 4:30 PM, depending on which tour you chose. We can pick you up anywhere in Chiang Rai City or the Night Bazaar. This tour is available daily.
Half day morning tour from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- 8:30 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 9 AM : Arrive at Elephant Valley and meet your English-speaking guide
- 9:15 AM : Observe a herd of elephants freely roaming in the fields and nearby forest
- 9:45 AM : Get up close to the elephants and feed them bananas or banana tree stalks
- 10:30 AM : Relax in the tranquil atmosphere of the sanctuary and take some amazing photos
- 11:15 AM : Learn about the history and behavior of Thailand’s most revered animals
- 12 PM : Enjoy a delicious Northern Thai lunch
- 1 PM : Depart from Elephant Valley
- 1:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Half day afternoon tour from 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- 11:30 AM : Depart from your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Rai
- 12 PM : Arrive at the Elephant Valley and meet your English-speaking guide
- 12:15 PM : Eat a delicious lunch of traditional Northern Thai food
- 1:15 PM : Watch the elephant family freely roam in the grassy fields
- 1:45 PM : Meet the elephants and feed them tasty banana snacks
- 2:30 PM : Enjoy a long, relaxing stay with the elephants outside in the tranquil sanctuary
- 3:15 PM : Learn more about the elephants’ cheeky behaviors and their history
- 4 PM : Say, “Goodbye,” and depart from the Elephant Valley
4:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
If you are interested in the full day Elephant Valley tour
Pickup will be between 8:30 AM and 8:45 AM for the full day tour if your hotel is in Chiang Rai City or the Night Bazaar. You will return to your hotel or guesthouse around 5 PM. This tour is available daily.
Full day tour from 8:30 AM to 5 PM
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 8:30 AM to 8:45 AM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 9 AM : Arrive at the Elephant Valley, where you’ll meet your English-speaking guide
- 9:15 AM : Go to the nearby fields and forest where you’ll see the elephants freely roaming
- 9:45 AM : Finally meet the elephants and feed them bananas or banana tree stalks
- 10:30 AM : Enjoy relaxing and taking in the natural surroundings of the sanctuary
- 11:15 AM : Talk to your guide and learn everything you want to know about Thailand’s elephants
- 12 PM : Sit down for a local Northern Thai style lunch
- 1:30 PM : Learn how to plant and grow elephant food. Try your hand at cutting and harvesting it, too!
- 2:30 PM : Help with the collection of elephant poo poo, which can be reused
- 3:30 PM : Pick up any trash or debris that’s in the elephant sanctuary to keep the elephant safe
- 4:30 PM : Depart from the Elephant Valley
- 5 PM : Return to your hotel in Chiang Rai
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
About the Elephant Valley Tour
At the Elephant Valley, come and join us to relax and watch elephants do what they do best: play together, roam freely, and eat lots of food! Roughly 30 minutes away from Chiang Rai City, this sanctuary provides the perfect opportunity to learn about Thailand’s gentle giants and to observe their happy lives, far away from the abuse of the logging and entertainment industries.
Whether you choose to enjoy a half day or a full day tour at the Elephant Valley, you’ll have plenty of time to observe the elephants in their natural habitat. After meeting your English-speaking guide, he will lead you to a grassy field to watch the elephants socializing with each other and basking in the sun. Your guide will tell you stories about their past, how they were rescued, and where they lived prior to living at the Elephant Valley. It’s a fun and educational trip.
Every tour includes a delicious northern style Thai lunch. This is known as Lanna food, which is different from the Thai food you may already be familiar with. The menu can be adjusted to fit your dietary needs as well as specific needs for allergies or intolerances. Just let us know prior to your trip and upon booking.
If you choose to spend a full day at the sanctuary, there is an opportunity to forage for elephant food and to get dirty by volunteering to pick up trash. This keeps the fields and forests clean and safe for the elephants and other visitors.
After you’ve spent plenty of time relaxing time at the sanctuary, taking pictures, and mingling with the elephants, it’s time to say, “Goodbye.” Then, you can sit back and relax on the ride back to your hotel in Chiang Rai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Drinking water and vegetarian lunch
- Food for elephants
- Admission fees
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals
- Long-sleeve shirt
- A raincoat (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Camera (optional)
- Free for children 5 years old and under.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 24 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
This join tour is currently not available.