Elephant Sanctuary, Making tea – Tea Garden & Doi Suthep Temple (Evening View)
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Elephant Rescue Park, Araksa Tea Garden, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Temple (Evening View)
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Explore a beautiful part of Chiang Mai’s countryside on this full day private tour, which perfectly balances three must-do activities. On this excursion, you can look forward to playing with elephants at the Elephant Rescue Park, exploring a local tea plantation, and experiencing the stunning views seen from the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple).
Duration: 8:30 AM to 7 PM
- 8:30 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 9:30 AM : Arrive at the camp, meet your guide, and change into elephant-friendly uniforms
- 10 AM : Enjoy an introductory lesson about the history and behavior of elephants
- 10:30 AM : Feed, pet, and interact with the rescued elephants in their natural habitat
- 11 AM : Walk with them to a scenic viewpoint and then down the hillside to a natural swimming pool
- 11:30 AM : Enjoy brushing the elephants and giving them a bath in the cool water: Say goodbye to the elephants and dine on a delicious Thai lunch
- 1 PM : Depart the Elephant Rescue Park * Join The Group Tour
- 2 PM : Afternoon Tea Experience
- 5:30 PM : Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Temple
- 7 PM : Drop off at your hotel
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other circumstance.
Elephant Rescue Park * Join The Group Tour
This sanctuary is in the jungle-covered mountains of Mae Taeng, roughly an hour and a half drive into the Chiang Mai’s countryside. It is home to elephants that were rescued from the harsh working conditions of logging, entertainment, and riding industries. Meet these now happy, healthy elephants and feed them snacks and herbal treats, walk with them through the jungle, and play with them in a natural swimming pool.
Araksa Tea Garden
The Araksa Tea Garden is best known for producing a unique tea called Assam tea. Learn how this high-quality tea is grown using sustainable, organic methods, how it’s harvested from the tea plantation, and how it is processed into a delicious local drink.
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Temple
This Doi Suthep temple is one of the most important temples in Chiang Mai, and is home to beautiful Thai architecture, shrines, and pagodas. This large temple complex rests near the top of the Chiang Mai City’s nearby Doi Suthep Mountain and has gorgeous views of the surrounding valleys.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses such as souvenirs and tipping personnel
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Child Rate, Contact Us.
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.