Elephant Sanctuary + Araksa Tea Garden + Doi Suthep Temple (Evening View)
- What we'll do
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Explore a beautiful part of Chiang Mai’s countryside on this full day private tour, which perfectly balances three must-do activities. On this excursion, you can look forward to playing with elephants at the Elephant Rescue Park, exploring a local tea plantation, and experiencing the stunning views seen from the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple).
This all-inclusive tour also provides a local Thai meal, round-trip transportation to and from your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai, and a knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
You will be picked up from your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai at 8 AM by a private driver and ride in an air-conditioned minivan throughout the tour. The tour ends at approximately 6:30 PM. You will return to your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai at approximately 7 PM.
- 9:30 AM
- Arrive at the camp, meet your guide, and change into elephant-friendly uniforms
- 10 AM
- Enjoy an introductory lesson about the history and behavior of elephants
- 10:30 AM
- Feed, pet, and interact with the rescued elephants in their natural habitat
- 11 AM
- Walk with them to a scenic viewpoint and then down the hillside to a natural swimming pool
- 11:30 AM
- Enjoy brushing the elephants and giving them a bath in the cool water
- 12 PM
- Say goodbye to the elephants and dine on a delicious Thai lunch
- 1 PM
- Depart the Elephant Rescue Park
- 2 PM
- Afternoon Tea Experience
- 5:30 PM
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Temple
- 7: PM
- Drop off at your hotel
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather, traffic, and other circumstance.
Elephant Rescue Park
This sanctuary is in the jungle-covered mountains of Mae Taeng, roughly an hour and a half drive into the Chiang Mai’s countryside. It is home to elephants that were rescued from the harsh working conditions of logging, entertainment, and riding industries. Meet these now happy, healthy elephants and feed them snacks and herbal treats, walk with them through the jungle, and play with them in a natural swimming pool.
Araksa Tea Garden
The Araksa Tea Garden is best known for producing a unique tea called Assam tea. Learn how this high-quality tea is grown using sustainable, organic methods, how it’s harvested from the tea plantation, and how it is processed into a delicious local drink.
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Temple
This Doi Suthep temple is one of the most important temples in Chiang Mai, and is home to beautiful Thai architecture, shrines, and pagodas. This large temple complex rests near the top of the Chiang Mai City’s nearby Doi Suthep Mountain and has gorgeous views of the surrounding valleys.
- 1 Person: ฿6,800
- 2 Persons: ฿4,500 per person
- 3 Persons: ฿4,000 per person
- 4 Persons: ฿3,400 per person
- 5 Persons: ฿3,200 per person
- 6 Persons: ฿3,000 per person
- 7 Persons: ฿2,800 per person
- 8 Persons: ฿2,600 per person
– We require a 50% deposit to secure the booking, the remaining balance is due the day of the tour.
– If you want to book for tomorrow or have any questions please contact us.
This Tour Includes
- Private English-speaking local guide
- Direct pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via air-conditioned vehicle and driver
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Other expenses such as souvenirs and tipping personnel
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.