Elephant Nature Park Single Day Visit
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Experience a truly special day at the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai, which is considered to be one of the best elephant rescue sanctuaries in all of Thailand. During this full day visit to the park, get up close and personal with a herd of elephants and spend the day feeding them, walking with them, and watching them play together in a river.
It’ll be the highlight of your trip! You’ll gain a special appreciation and understanding of these creatures that are now happily living in a safe and natural habitat.
Please contact us to check availability.
Pick-up will be between 8 AM and 8:30 AM if your hotel is in the Old City or Night Bazaar area. Pickup will be between 8:30 AM and 8:45 AM if your hotel is within 3 kilometers outside of the Old City. This tour is available daily.
- 9:30 AM
- Arrive at the Elephant Nature Park
- 10 AM
- Feed the elephants their favorite snack and get to know them one by one
- 11 AM
- Enjoy a vegetarian buffet of Thai and international dishes
- 12 PM
- Trek along side the elephants (no riding!) through the fields and forests
- 2 PM
- Watch the elephants play in the river while you stay dry on the river bank
- 3:30 PM
- Say goodbye to the elephants and depart from the Elephant Nature Park
- 5 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time with the elephants depending on the traffic, weather, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary. Only the pick-up and drop-off times are final.
About the Elephant Nature Park Single Day Visit
The Elephant Nature Park is an ethical animal sanctuary in Northern Thailand that provides a safe and caring home for elephants and other animals. The reservation is roughly one hour north of Chiang Mai City, which is where the elephants freely roam and graze on grass and leaves while no longer enduring the hardships of riding or logging.
The single day visit to the Elephant Nature Park begins with a beautiful morning ride through the Thai countryside. Once you arrive at the park, you’ll meet your English-speaking guide who will tell you stories about the elephants and how they came to be at the Elephant Nature Park. You’ll also learn about the elephants’ health and behavior and their importance to Thai culture.
Afterward, it’s time to meet the elephants! Join other members of your group on a viewing platform and safely meet the elephants for the first time. Win them over by feeding them their favorite snacks and learn their names and different personalities. Some are very curious and others are shy. Some are cheeky, too!
Next, enjoy a vegetarian buffet lunch featuring both Thai and international foods. Take some time to rest before continuing the afternoon portion of the tour.
Instead of riding elephants, join the elephant caretakers and trek alongside the elephants as you explore the sanctuary’s fields and forests. During this time you can get up close and personal with them. Standing beside them you’ll see just how huge but gentle they are! While you walk through the sanctuary, you may see other rescued animals freely roaming around. At the end of the walk, you’ll come to a river where the elephants will cool off and splash around together. You can stay on the river banks where it’s dry and use this time to take some photos of the playful elephants.
At the end of the trip, say goodbye to your new friends and change into clean clothing. Then enjoy a comfortable ride back to your hotel in Chiang Mai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
This Tour Includes
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via air-conditioned van with driver
- Drinking water and vegetarian lunch
- Food for elephants
- Admission fees
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals that can get wet
- A towel and a change of clothing
- A raincoat (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
|Adult / Child||Price|
|Child (age 2-11)||฿1,250|