Doi Suthep Temple + Doi Inthanon Highest Peak + Waterfall + Mini Trekking + Coffee Plantation
- Location: Chiang Mai Province, Doi Suthep, Doi Inthanon
- Highlights: Doi Suthep Temple, Doi Inthanon National Park, Highest Peak, Royal Twin Pagodas, Trekking, Waterfall, Hmong Market, Coffee Plantation
- Private Tour
Experience some of the most stunning views in Chiang Mai Province on this full day tour. Begin by visiting a beautiful Buddhist temple atop a mountain followed by a trip to the Doi Inthanon National Park. Once inside the park, trek for several hours along lush green nature trails, explore an Arabica coffee plantation, and visit magnificent waterfalls. You will also visit the highest mountain peak in the Thailand, stand before royal Thai architecture, and mingle with local hill tribe people.
- 7 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 7:30 AM : Explore the beautiful Buddhist shrines at the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple)
- 8:30 AM : Drive through the countryside towards Thailand’s highest mountain
- 10 AM : Arrive at the Doi Inthanon National Park
- 10:30 AM : Trek through the jungle for two to three hours
- 1 PM : Eat lunch at a local restaurant
- 2:15 PM : Walk to the highest peak of Thailand along a nature trail
- 3:15 PM : Visit the Royal Twin Pagodas with views of the rolling mountains
- 4:15 PM :Sample the fresh produce of a Hmong hill tribe market
- 6 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
Doi Suthep Temple
Begin your full day tour with a visit to Chiang Mai’s iconic Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Temple. Located close to the Old City on a mountainside, this 14th century temple is filled with beautiful Buddhist shrines and auspicious relics. Visitors must climb 306 steps to reach the temple’s entrance but the views are well worth it! An easier, alternate route is available via a cable car ride to the top of the staircase.
Please Note: It is important to dress properly when visiting any Buddhist temple. Please wear pants or long skirts and do not wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts. Everyone will be asked to remove their footwear before entering the temple no matter what type of shoes you are wearing.
Doi Inthanon National Park
This tour continues by exploring the Doi Inthanon National Park, which is sure to please any nature lover.
The first stop is near the park’s entrance at the magnificent Wachirathan Waterfall. These falls plummet roughly 80 meters into a deep pool and create beautiful plumbs of mist. Once inside the park, your trek will begin. Follow your guide through the mountain’s evergreen forest, pass by lush rice fields, and then arrive at a local Arabica coffee farm that is owned and operated by the local Pa Ka Yor hill tribe. Here you will get to sample the local coffee before carrying on the trek to another stunning waterfall deep within the jungle.
After resting and enjoying lunch at a local restaurant, the tour will continue along the Angka Nature Trail. The short trail passes by the stupa of King Inthawichayanon, a Thai ruler who treasured the cool mountain weather, and ends at the Doi Inthanon Summit, which is the highest point in Thailand at 2,656 meters!
A brief ride in your minibus will take you to the incredible Royal Twin Pagodas, which were built to give homage to the King and Queen of Thailand. From there you can look at the three districts of Jomthong, Sanpathong, and Mae Jam within the valley below as well as enjoy an impressive view of Doi Inthanon.
The tour wraps up with a visit to a Hmong hill tribe market. This project is one of the many royal projects (in addition to the coffee plantation of the Pa Ka Yor hill tribe) designed to create a better, more sustainable way of life for the local people of Thailand. Afterward, relax as you ride back to Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses, souvenirs during the trip
- Tipping personnel
What To Bring
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Insect Repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
For booking, please contact us.
|Group Size||Price / Person|