Day at the Lake – Kayak
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What to Bring
- Experience Level
- Safety Policy
- Additional Informations
North of Chiang Mai is the Mae Ngat Reservoir in Sri Lanna National Park. Surrounded by verdant jungles, the reservoir is the starting point for a wonderful 14 km. round-trip kayaking trip. On ordinary clear days, kayaking starts from the west of the reservoir to a group of floating houseboats. Then, it’s smooth kayaking until you reach a floating restaurant where the lunch will be served. After lunch, you can either jump from the diving tower or relax on your own in the lake. On the way back to the starting point, kayakers can enjoy the stunning atmosphere of the valley around the Mae Ngat Reservoir.
**Please note: There is National Park fee of 150 baht per person, please pay by cash on the venue.
- Duration 8 AM – 5:30 PM
- Place Sri Lanna National Park Reservoir
- Available Daily
- Schedule Pick up from hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai and drive to Sri Lanna National Park Reservoir
What we’ll do
- Lake condition: calm water
- Distance/Time: 14km round trip, 2-3 hrs
- Motivated beginners are welcome
- Previous kayaking experience not necessary
- Lessons in basic kayaking provided
- Health condition: OK
- Kayaks: touring Kayaks (sit in) & Sit On Tops Double
- Kayaks on request
This Tour Includes
- Kayak equipment
- Kayaks for various levels and water conditions
- Lunch *If you have any dietary concerns please let us know at the time of booking
- Pick up and drop off service from hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai city
What to Bring
- Extra set of clothes for the ride back
- Wear shorts or swimsuit, t-shirt or a lycra when on your kayak
- Wear a hat, sunglasses, and shoes (or sneakers or close-fitting sandals)
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Don’t bring a regular camera unless you have a waterproof bag. It’s best to bring a waterproof camera but also water proof cameras and hero cameras are available upon request, just bring your memory card.
** Should you have none of the above, we are ready to equip you at our shop before departure
*** We provide: Helmets, life jackets, gloves and shoes, water, snacks
When booking the tour, please provide us with your height and level based on your previous kayaking experience:
- Level 1 : I have never kayaked before, but I am physically fit.
- Level 2 : I have done some kayaking on lakes and the ocean, but never on a river.
- Level 3 : I have done some river kayaking or canoeing.
- Level 4 : I have done quite a bit of river kayaking but can not do the roll.
- Level 5 : I am an expert kayaker and can kayak a class 3+ river.
- Chiang Mai Kayaking provides life jackets, shoes, gloves & helmets
- All kayaking instructions and river navigation will be coached throughout the trips
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Book Your Tour
Booking Minimum 2 persons.
Want a Private or
We can fit our Tours to your needs.
Just contact us and we’ll provide you with
all the informations you need.