Kayaking – Day at the Lake
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Kayak, Mae Ngat Reservoir, Sri Lanna National Park Reservoir, Floating Houseboats
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Small Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
- • Number of person : ฿500
North of Chiang Mai is the Mae Ngat Reservoir in Sri Lanna National Park. Surrounded by verdant jungles, the reservoir is the starting point for a wonderful 14 km. round-trip kayaking trip. On ordinary clear days, kayaking starts from the west of the reservoir to a group of floating houseboats. Then, it’s smooth kayaking until you reach a floating restaurant where the lunch will be served. After lunch, you can either jump from the diving tower or relax on your own in the lake. On the way back to the starting point, kayakers can enjoy the stunning atmosphere of the valley around the Mae Ngat Reservoir.
**Please note: There is National Park fee of 150 baht per person, please pay by cash on the venue.
Duration: 8 AM – 5:30 PM
- 8 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 5:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
- Lake condition: calm water
- Distance/Time: 14km round trip, 2-3 hrs
- Motivated beginners are welcome
- Previous kayaking experience not necessary
- Lessons in basic kayaking provided
- Health condition: OK
- Kayaks: touring Kayaks (sit in) & Sit On Tops Double
- Kayaks on request
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- Kayak equipment
- Kayaks for various levels and water conditions
What to Bring
- Extra set of clothes for the ride back
- Wear shorts or swimsuit, t-shirt or a lycra when on your kayak
- Wear a hat, sunglasses, and shoes (or sneakers or close-fitting sandals)
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Don’t bring a regular camera unless you have a waterproof bag. It’s best to bring a waterproof camera but also water proof cameras and hero cameras are available upon request, just bring your memory card.
- We provide: Helmets, life jackets, gloves and shoes, water, snacks
When booking the tour, please provide us with your height and level based on your previous kayaking experience:
- Level 1 : I have never kayaked before, but I am physically fit.
- Level 2 : I have done some kayaking on lakes and the ocean, but never on a river.
- Level 3 : I have done some river kayaking or canoeing.
- Level 4 : I have done quite a bit of river kayaking but can not do the roll.
- Level 5 : I am an expert kayaker and can kayak a class 3+ river.
- Chiang Mai Kayaking provides life jackets, shoes, gloves & helmets
- All kayaking instructions and river navigation will be coached throughout the trips
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 9 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Booking Minimum 2 persons.
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.