Whitewater Rafting Chiang Mai
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Whitewater rafting
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Small Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
Located less than 75 kilometers from Chiang Mai’s old city center, this private river camp is in Sop Kai Village.
Enjoy whitewater rafting on the Mae Taeng River set among spectacular mountain views and tropical rainforests from June through January when the water levels are at their highest. Tours are available every day during this period. During the rainy season months of August through October, the rivers become foaming whitewater pushing their way out of the mountains. The Thai summer months of February, March and April are too dry for rafting.
Full-day and multi-day whitewater rafting trips are offered on the Mae Taeng River as well as custom and organized expedition-style trips on both the Mae Kok and Nam Wa rivers.
There is a minimum age of 10 years old.
- 9:30 AM to 10 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 4:30 PM to 5 PM : Return to your accommodation
- Whitewater rafting – Mae Taeng river
- 10 kilometers of world-class whitewater
- Healthy Thai buffet lunch & refreshments
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and a driver
- English-speaking guide
- Lunch buffet
- International standard safety equipment
- Experienced guides and crew members
- Internationally trained rafting guides
- All safety equipment
- Injury insurance
What to Bring
- Paddling gear (if you have it!)
- Change of dry clothes
- Sweatshirt or jumper (Nov.- Jan.)
- Strap on sandals for the raft
- Cash for the optional photo CD
- This is a small group tour, approximately 9 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.