Chiang Rai : White Temple, Black House and Blue Temple + Golden Triangle
- Location: Chiang Rai Province
- Highlights: White Temple, Black House, Blue Temple, Golden Triangle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Small Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
Take a full day tour through Chiang Rai’s beautiful countryside and visit three must-see sites. Begin with the White Temple (Wat Rong Khun), which is one of the most recognizable temples in all of Thailand due to its intricate all-white exterior. Next on the tour is the dark, mysterious Black House (Baan Dam). End the day with a visit to the beautiful overlook point known as the Golden Triangle where visitors can see three different countries at one time.
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 7 AM to 7:15 AM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 7:20 AM to 7:35 AM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 9 AM : Halfway through the drive, take a short break at a hot sulfur spring (approx. 20 minutes)
- 11 AM : Explore the White Temple in Chiang Rai (approx. 45 minutes)
- 12 PM : Have lunch at the White Temple’s Thai restaurant
- 1:15 PM : Walk through the many buildings of the Black House compound (approx. 45 minutes)
- *Optional tour – Long Neck Karen Hill Tribe village (approx. 40 minutes)
- 3:30 PM : Visit the Golden Triangle viewpoint overlooking the borders of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar (approx. 30 minutes)
- *Optional Tour – River boat tour of the Mekong River to the Laotian market on Don Sao Island (approx. 1 hour)
- 5:30 PM : Visit the Blue Temple (approx. 30 minutes)
- 6 PM : Depart from Chiang Rai, stop at a gas station along the way
- 9 – 9:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note : For additional information about the optional riverboat tour, read the ‘Additional Information’ section below.
Your guide will make sure that you spend as much time as possible at each activity. However, the schedule may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
About the White Temple, Black House, And Golden Triangle Tour
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai and then take you on a morning drive through northern Thailand. Halfway to Chiang Rai, make a quick stop for coffee at a local natural hot spring. The water is so hot there that it can boil eggs!
After stretching your legs, the tour’s first major stop is the breathtakingly beautiful White Temple. It has nine entirely white buildings that are adorned with small mirrors that glint and shine in the sunlight. The grounds are home to an all-white koi fish pond and the self-proclaimed ‘most beautiful bathrooms in the world’, too.
After exploring the various buildings and artwork of the White Temple, enjoy lunch at its Thai restaurant. Afterward, continue to the Black House just a few kilometers away.
Locally known as Baan Dam, the Black House is strikingly different from the White Temple. This series of buildings is bizarre looking and decorated with heavy wood and dark metal. Inside are exhibits displaying animal skins and skeletons and there is also a dungeon with torture-like devices. Throughout the property you can find remnants of animals such as crocodiles, bears, and elephants, too. The Black House is fascinating but may be a bit disturbing for some.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and a driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Thai lunch
- One small bottle of water
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- Add-ons to this tour are also available. Enjoy a one-hour boat trip along the Mekong River to the Laotian market on Don Sao Island for an additional 330 baht per person (the boat ride costs 300 baht per person and the entrance fee into Laos is 30 baht per person). Be sure to bring your passport. Please speak with your tour guide about arranging this extra trip.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.