Chiang Rai : White Temple, Black House and Blue Temple + Golden Triangle
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Take a full day tour through Chiang Rai’s beautiful countryside and visit three must-see sites. Begin with the White Temple (Wat Rong Khun), which is one of the most recognizable temples in all of Thailand due to its intricate all-white exterior. Next on the tour is the dark, mysterious Black House (Baan Dam). End the day with a visit to the beautiful overlook point known as the Golden Triangle where visitors can see three different countries at one time.
Pickup will be between 7 AM and 7:30 AM if your hotel is in the Old City and Night Bazaar area. Pickup will be between 7:30 AM and 7:45 AM if your hotel is within 3 km outside of the Old City.
- 9 AM
- Halfway through the drive, take a short break at a hot sulfur spring (approximately 20 minutes)
- 11 AM
- Explore the White Temple in Chiang Rai (approximately 45 minutes)
- 12 PM
- Have lunch at the White Temple’s Thai restaurant
- 1:30 PM
- Walk through the many buildings of the Black House compound (approximately 45 minutes)
- *Optional tour – Long Neck Karen Hill Tribe village (approximately 40 minutes)
- 3:30 PM
- Visit the Golden Triangle viewpoint overlooking the borders of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar (approximately 30 minutes)
- *Optional Tour – Take a boat down the Mekong River to the Don Sao Island market (approximately 1 hour)
- 6:15 PM
- Visit the Blue Temple (approximately 30 minutes)
- 6:45 PM
- Depart from Chiang Rai, stop at a gas station along the way
- 10:30 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
For additional information about the optional riverboat tour, read the ‘Additional Information’ section below.
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time as possible at these sites depending on the weather, traffic, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary; only the pickup and drop-off times are final.
About the White Temple, Black House, And Golden Triangle Tour
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai and then take you on a morning drive through northern Thailand. Halfway to Chiang Rai, make a quick stop for coffee at a local natural hot spring. The water is so hot there that it can boil eggs!
After stretching your legs, the tour’s first major stop is the breathtakingly beautiful White Temple. It has nine entirely white buildings that are adorned with small mirrors that glint and shine in the sunlight. The grounds are home to an all-white koi fish pond and the self-proclaimed ‘most beautiful bathrooms in the world’, too.
After exploring the various buildings and artwork of the White Temple, enjoy lunch at its Thai restaurant. Afterward, continue to the Black House just a few kilometers away.
Locally known as Baan Dam, the Black House is strikingly different from the White Temple. This series of buildings is bizarre looking and decorated with heavy wood and dark metal. Inside are exhibits displaying animal skins and skeletons and there is also a dungeon with torture-like devices. Throughout the property you can find remnants of animals such as crocodiles, bears, and elephants, too. The Black House is fascinating but may be a bit disturbing for some.
This Tour Includes
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and a driver
- All entrance fees
- Thai lunch
- One small bottle of water
- Travel accident insurance
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- This tour offers visitors an add-on one-hour Mekong River boat trip to the market on Don Sao Island, Laos. Be sure to bring your passport. The trip costs an additional 330 baht per person (300 baht per person for the boat ride and 30 baht per person for the entrance fee into Laos). Please speak with your tour guide about arranging this extra trip.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can fit our Tours to your needs.
Just contact us and we’ll provide you with
all the informations you need.