Chiang Mai City Walk
- What we'll do
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
This tour is the best introduction to the old city of Chiang Mai and a chance to experience the charm of local people since this is a walking tour on the streets. Different from other mainstream tour programs in Chiang Mai, our tour guide will take you to the biggest and oldest local market, historical Buddhist temples, and community areas as well as give you a taste of some local Chiang Mai street food.
Duration: 8:30 AM – 12 PM (3.5 hours)
Pick-up time: 8:30 AM
Type: Walking in Chiang Mai city (shopping optional)
What to explore by walking:
- City moat
- Thapae Gate
- Wat Bupparam (Buddhist temple)
- Wat Mahawan (Buddhist temple)
- Local market
- Flower market
About the Chiang Mai City Walk Tour
The tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in the city (see note below) via local transportation to bring you to the starting point of the walking tour, Thapae Gate which is the main entrance of the old city. The moat and remains of the ancient moat wall marks the boundaries of the old city. You can enjoy walking down Thapae Road to visit two Buddhist temples which are on the way to our main destination – the local market and flower market. A variety of food and souvenirs, and the diversity of cultures and religions makes these markets more distinguished from other markets in Chiang Mai.
This Tour Includes
- English speaking tour guide
- Transportation from hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai city
- Drinking water
- Refreshment towels
- All fees mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Personal spending money for shopping
What To Bring
- Sunglasses, umbrella, hat
- Comfortable shoes for city walking which is also easy to take off when entering temples
- Dress politely, meaning no sleeveless shirts or tank tops or vests or other beach clothes for women or men but please wear clean comfortable clothes for walking in a city
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Booking for tomorrow please contact us
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.