Chiang Dao Cave and Five Different Hill Tribes
- Chiang Dao
- Chiang Dao cave and temple, Orchid farm, Karen, Palong, Long Neck Karen, Lisu, Akha
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- English-speaking tour guide
- Join in Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
This tour includes the Chiang Dao cave and temple as well as visiting with five different ethnic hill tribes from northern Thailand and Myanmar (Burma): Big ears Karen, Palong, Long Neck Karen, Lisu and Akha.
Booking for 1 person, please contact us.
Our day trip starts around 8 AM, when we pick you up from your hotel. We drive north a little more than an hour through scenic mountain roads. The trip starts with a visit to the Chiang Dao Cave, a natural landmark with kilometers of dark, stalactite tunnels. Look for beautiful formations of limestone that are almost crystal-like. Also, see wonderful Buddhist sculptures during a visit to a Chiang Dao temple.
We visit an orchid farm to see a diverse array of flowers and how they grow. Next, we move on to the hill tribe village of the Big Earring Karen and Long Neck Karen. The Karen people are known for their distinctive jewelry: women wear golden rings that elongate their necks and large earrings to make their ears bigger. These people are native to Myanmar (Burma), but are refugees in Thailand. You can buy a number of products from the villagers.
We also visit the Lisu Hill Tribe village, descendants of Tibetan tribes who settled in Thailand. The villagers wear colorful clothing and make a living from handicrafts and farming. Similarly, the Akha Hill Tribe, which we visit, are also farmers and hunters who have come to Thailand in the recent past from other nearby countries. The Akha are known for their bright, indigo-dyed clothing.
A Thai lunch is provided, using local foods to make delicious dishes.
Duration: 8 AM – 5 PM
We pick you at your hotel or guesthouse sometime between 8 AM to 8:30 AM, and drive north of Chiang Mai city for about one hour. You return to your hotel or guesthouse at about 5 PM.
What we'll do
- Chiang Dao Cave
- Chiang Dao Temple
- Orchid Farm
- Hill Tribe Village of the Big Earring Karen and Long Neck Karen
- Lisu Hill Tribe
- Akha Hill Tribe
- Palong Hill Tribe
This Tour Includes
- English speaking guide
- Transportation via a minibus with air-con and a driver
- Lunch of local Thai food
- Entrance fee for Chiang Dao Cave and the Long Neck Karen Hill Tribe Village
- Pick-up and drop-off to your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
|Group Size||Price / Person|
|1 Child (age 2-9)||฿575.00|