Baan Thai Cookery School – In Town
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Local Thai market, Tropical herbs and produces, Thai cooking techniques, Authentic Thai cooking
- English-speaking tour guide
- Small group tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
Learn how to cook authentic Thai food the fun way with Baan Thai Cookery School. Combined with an entertaining, hands-on teaching style in a traditional Thai setting in Chiang Mai City, you’ll be telling your friends back home about this experience for years to come. Choose from six different courses in the daytime class or five different courses in the evening class. Afterward, sit down together with your new friends and dine on your tasty creations.
Daytime (lunch) class from 9 AM to 4:30 PM
- Meet at your at hotel lobby
- 9 AM to 9:15 AM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 9:15 AM to 9:30 AM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 9:45 AM : Explore a local market and learn about the fresh ingredients used to cook Thai food
- 10:45 AM : Arrive at Baan Thai Cookery School and set up your cooking station
- 11 AM : Learn basic Thai cooking techniques and make your first Thai dish
- 12 PM : Take a short break and taste test your creation
- 1 PM : Have fun making the rest of your Thai dishes with help from your instructor
- 3 PM : Relax and dine on the completed meal with your friends
- 4 PM : Receive a recipe book and say goodbye to the cooking school
- 4:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Evening (dinner) class from 4:30 PM to 9 PM
- Meet at your at hotel lobby
- 4 PM to 4:15 PM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 4:15 PM to 4:30 PM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 5:15 PM : Tour a local market and learn about fresh herbs, fruit, and vegetables
- 6 PM : Arrive at Baan Thai Cooking Class and prepare your cooking station
- 6:15 PM : Begin learning basic Thai cooking techniques and cook your first dish
- 6:45 PM : Continue cooking your Thai dishes with help from your instructor
- 7:30 PM : Relax, sit down, and enjoy eating your dishes
- 8:30 PM : Receive a recipe book and depart from the cooking school
- 9 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: The times above are approximate and may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
About the Half Day Baan Thai Cookery School Class
This Thai cooking class will teach you how to find the right ingredients and cook authentic Thai food with the help of an English-speaking chef. Afterward, you can proudly say you’ve cooked several exotic dishes all by yourself.
A typical day begins with a fun but educational visit to a local Thai market. There you’ll be introduced to your cooking instructor, who will teach you about the ingredients used in Thai cuisine while you walk around exploring the produce stalls. Afterward, take a short drive to the Thai cooking school, where you’ll put on an apron and set up a cooking station with your ingredients and cooking utensils. Then the class begins!
Everyone will get their own wok and cooking utensils and learn how to slice, dice, and chop the ingredients to make delicious Thai dishes. Whether you’re a beginner cook or an expert chef, you’ll have fun in the kitchen with our friendly Thai teacher.
Everyone will learn how to make steamed jasmine rice and sticky rice. If you’ve chosen the daytime class, there are six different courses. They include how to make homemade curry paste by pounding together herbs and spices (1) as well as one dish from each of the following menu sections: appetizer (2), soup (3), stir-fry (4), curry dish (5), and dessert (6). The evening class excludes one course from this list due to the shorter class time.
The cooking school’s menu includes the following dishes:
- Papaya Salad
- Spring Roll
- Fried Fish Cake / Corn Cake
- Hot and Sour Prawn Soup
- Chicken or Seafood in Coconut Milk
- Fried Noodle Thai Style
- Fried Cashew Nut with Chicken
- Stir-Fried Prawn with Curry Powder
- Red Curry Paste
- Green Curry Paste
- Panaeng Curry Paste
- Chiang Mai Noodle with Chicken
- Green Curry with Chicken
- Panaeng Curry with Pork
- Deep-Fried Banana
- Mango with Sticky Rice
- Water Chestnuts in Coconut Milk
If you would like to learn a dish that is not mentioned in the list above, let us know and we’ll teach you how!
Once everyone has prepared their individual dishes, sit down together and feast on your Thai meal. After you’ve had your fill and rested a bit, you’ll be given a recipe book at the end of the course before going back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- English-speaking instructor
- Market tour and organic kitchen garden tour
- All ingredients for cooking
- Snacks and drinks
- Easy-to-follow cookbook
- Online photo album of cooking class
What To Bring
- Your appetite!
- Comfortable, closed-toed shoes
- A pen and paper (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Children must be at least 4 years old to participate in the cooking class and must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you would like to visit the cooking class with your a friend or family member but do not want to cook, the fee is ฿350 per person.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform us at the time of booking. The entire menu can easily accommodate vegetarian or vegan diets upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 9 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.