Baan Chang Elephant Park
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Befriend an elephant during this full day trip to Baanchang Elephant Park. At this ride-free sanctuary, take a long walk with Thailand’s most magnificent animal and meet baby elephants! You’ll have the chance to feed, playing with, and bathe the elephants in their natural jungle home, too. This tour also includes a visit to the famous Elephant POOPOOPAPER Park, where you’ll see how specialty paper is made from recycled elephant dung.
Pickup will be between 8:15 AM and 8:30 AM if your hotel is in the Old City or Night Bazaar area. Pickup will be between 8:30 AM and 9 AM if your hotel is within 3 kilometers of the Old City.
- 9 AM
- Drive through the farmlands north of Chiang Mai City and visit the Elephant POOPOOPAPER Park along the way
- 10:30 AM
- Arrive at the Baanchang Elephant Park and change into a traditional elephant trainer (mahout) outfit
- 11 AM
- Enjoy a scenic 30-minute walk through the jungle and then meet the freely-roaming elephants and feed them tasty snacks
- 12:30 PM
- Enjoy a local lunch of Thai food
- 1:30 PM
- Spend time with the elephants and observe them freely roaming around
- 2:15 PM
- Bathe the elephants in a clean water pond and then visit baby elephants in the Nursery Zone
- 3 PM
- Relax with a tea and coffee break
- 3:30 PM
- Depart from Baanchang Elephant Park
- 4:30 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: You will spend as much time as possible with the elephants depending on the weather, traffic, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary. Only the pickup and drop-off times are final.
About the Full Day Elephant’s Friend Day Baan Chang Elephant Park Tour
The Baanchang Elephant Park is dedicated to providing a safe home for elephants that improves their quality of life and well-being. At this park, these magnificent animals are able to freely roam and there is absolutely no riding. This encourages a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle, just as nature intended.
The Full Day Elephant’s Friend Day tour begins with a peaceful ride into the countryside of Northern Thailand. Along the way, enjoy an educational visit to the Elephant POOPOOPAPER Park and learn how eco-friendly paper is made from recycled elephant dung.
Continue to the Baanchang Elephant Park, where you’ll meet your English-speaking tour guide and be given an elephant trainer (mahout) outfit to change into. Then, enjoy a scenic walk for approximately 30 minutes through the local jungle while learning about the elephants’ natural behaviors and daily lives along the way. Finally, meet the elephants and earn their trust by feeding them tasty tropical fruit.
In the afternoon, enjoy your own lunch of local Thai food and then spend more time with the elephants as they freely roam and do what they love most: throwing dirt on their backs, scratching themselves, and wandering around looking for food. Then, walk with the elephants to a clean water pond and join them as they splash and cool off in the refreshing water. This is a great time to take pictures!
The tour concludes with a visit to the Nursery Zone. There you’ll see the newest members of the herd: adorable baby elephants. Afterward, relax in an air-conditioned minivan as you ride back to your hotel in Chiang Mai City thinking about your once-in-a-lifetime trip to see Thailand’s elephants.
There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
This Tour Includes
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via air-conditioned minibus with driver
- Travel accident insurance
- All entrance fees
- Lunch and seasonal fruits
- Drinking water, tea, and coffee
- Food for feeding elephants
What To Bring
- Sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Swimsuit (worn underneath your clothing) and towel
- Change of clothes
- Camera (optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This is a Join in Group Tour, approximately 30 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can fit our Tours to your needs.
Just contact us and we’ll provide you with
all the informations you need.