Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School – In Town
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Local Thai market, Tropical herbs and produces, Organic kitchen garden, Authentic Thai cooking
- English-speaking tour guide
- Small Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
What’s more fun than eating Thai food? Learning how to cook it, of course! This cooking class will teach you how to cook some of Thailand’s tastiest dishes including curries, stir-fries, soups, and desserts. Even people who don’t know how to cook will enjoy this hands-on class thanks to the friendly chef.
Conveniently located in the heart of Chiang Mai City, the half day “In Town” tour offers five courses and is available in the mornings and evenings to accommodate your busy schedule.
Half day morning class from 8:20 AM to 1:30 PM
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 8:20 AM to 8:30 AM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 8:30 AM to 8:50 AM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 9 AM : Meet your instructor and take a tour of a local Thai market in the city
- 10 AM : Arrive at Asia Scenic cooking school and tour the organic garden
- 10:15 AM : Enjoy a welcome snack and choose which Thai dishes to make
- 10:30 AM : Learn how to prepare homemade curry paste, a curry dish, and spring rolls
- 11 AM : Prepare two more Thai dishes with your instructor
- 12 PM : Sit down together, relax, and enjoy the food you cooked!
- 1 PM : Collect a cookbook and depart from Asia Scenic
- 1:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Half day evening class from 4:20 PM to 9:30 PM
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 4:20 AM to 4:30 AM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 4:30 AM to 4:50 AM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 5 PM : Explore local Thai market in the city with your instructor
- 6 PM : Arrive at the cooking school and its organic garden
- 6:15 PM : Enjoy a welcome snack and decide which Thai dishes to make
- 6:30 PM : Make your own curry paste, a curry dish, and spring rolls
- 7 PM : Prepare two more Thai dishes with help from your instructor
- 8 PM : Sit down with your new friends and enjoy the food you made yourself
- 9 PM : Receive a cookbook and depart from Asia Scenic
- 9:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: The times above are approximate and may vary depending on the weather and traffic.
About the Asia Scenic Cooking Class in Town
This Thai cooking class will teach you everything you need to know about how to cook a variety of authentic Thai dishes from scratch. It’s not just watching, it’s doing! The friendly chef encourages you to make the food by yourself. Plus, you’ll learn special cooking skills so it’ll be fun whether you’re a beginner or an expert.
The tour begins with an entertaining but educational visit to a local market in the heart of Chiang Mai City. That’s where you’ll meet an English-speaking Thai chef who will be your cooking instructor for the day. She will teach you about the tropical fruit and vegetables that are used in traditional Thai food before she takes you to her cooking school just a few minutes’ drive away.
The cooking school is also an organic kitchen garden where you can learn more about special Thai herbs. Once you’ve arrived, enjoy a welcome snack and then put on your apron and choose a cooking station with your own wok and cooking utensils. It’s time to get messy!
If you’ve chosen the half-day course, your instructor will teach you how to make five different dishes. First will be an easy but tasty Thai spring roll appetizer (1). Next, you’ll make a curry paste (2) by hand, which will be later used in a Thai curry dish (3). Then you can pick your two favorite dishes from this list to make: salad, soup, stir fry, or dessert. (4, 5)
The cooking school’s menu includes the following dishes:
- Spring Roll
- Papaya Salad
- Glass Noodle Salad
- Coconut Milk Soup
- Tom Yum Hot
- Tom Sab
- Pad Thai
- Pad See Ew
- Spicy Basil
- Cashews with Chicken
- Khao Soi
- Red Curry
- Green Curry
- Massaman Curry
- Panang Curry
- Khao Soi
- Deep Fried Banana
- Banana in Coconut Milk
- Sticky Rice with Mango
Of course the best part of the cooking class is eating what you’ve made! After everyone has prepared their individual dishes, sit down together and enjoy a feast of your creations. After you’ve had your fill and rested a bit, you’ll be given a recipe book at the end of the course before going back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and a driver
- English-speaking instructor
- Market tour and organic kitchen garden tour
- All ingredients for cooking
- Snacks and drinks
- Easy-to-follow cookbook
- Online photo album of cooking class
What To Bring
- Your appetite!
- Comfortable, closed-toed shoes
- A pen and paper (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Children must be at least 7 years old to participate in the cooking class and must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you would like to visit the cooking class with your a friend or family member but do not want to cook, the fee is ฿200 per person.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform us at the time of booking. The entire menu can easily accommodate vegetarian or vegan diets upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 9 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.