Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School – At Farm
- Location: Chiang Mai Province
- Highlights: Tropical herbs and produces, Organic vegetable farm, Authentic Thai cooking
- English-speaking tour guide
- Group Tour
- Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance
If you want to learn how to cook authentic Thai food while you’re in Chiang Mai, look no further! You’ll learn the secrets behind making Thailand’s most popular dishes such as curries, stir-fries, soups, and desserts on a fully equipped organic vegetable farm just 20 minutes outside of the city.
You’ll learn how to make five courses before sitting down and enjoying the meal you just made.
Full day class from 8:20 AM to 4 PM
- 8:20 AM to 8:50 AM : Meet in your hotel lobby
- 9:00 AM : Tour a local market and learn about the fresh ingredients you’ll cook with later
- 10:00 AM : Drive to the organic vegetable farm and cooking school in the countryside
- 10:30 AM : Arrive at Asia Scenic and enjoy a welcome snack
- 11:00 AM : Tour the farm, set up your cooking station, and choose which Thai dishes to make
- 11:30 AM : Make your own Thai appetizer and soup
- 12:00 PM : Prepare homemade curry paste and traditional sticky rice
- 12:30 PM : Make Thai curry, stir-fry, and dessert dishes with help from your instructor
- Take a long break and feast on the main dishes you cooked
- 3:30 PM: Receive a recipe book and depart from Asia Scenic
- 4 PM- 4:20 PM : Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
About the Asia Scenic Cooking Class (at Farm)
Learn everything there is to know about cooking Thai food – from how it’s grown and where it’s bought to how it’s prepared in this all-inclusive cooking experience in Chiang Mai. You won’t just watch your English-speaking instructor in the kitchen, you’ll be cooking Thai food with them.
After picking you up from your guesthouse, the tour begins by with a visit to a local Thai market in the heart of Chiang Mai City. There you’ll learn about the fresh herbs and tropical produce used in Thai cooking and do a little shopping for your ingredients. Your guide will also give you some popular Thai snacks to sample and then take you on a short drive into the Thai countryside to the organic farm and cooking school.
Once you’ve arrived, explore the rows of more than 20 different types of vegetables and learn about the New Theory of Agriculture and Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy from His Majesty the King. This set of principles teaches Thai people how to manage their land and what crops to grow.
Next, it’s time to learn how to cook ! You’ll learn how to make seven different courses. This includes pounding herbs and spices together to make curry paste (1), steaming sticky rice using a traditional method (2), and learning how to make one of each of the following: appetizer (3), soup (4), stir-fry (5), curry dish (6), and dessert (7).
The following dishes are available on the menu at the cooking school:
- Spring Roll
- Papaya Salad
- Glass Noodle Salad
- Coconut Milk Soup
- Tom Yum
- Tom Sab
- Pad Thai
- Pad See Ew
- Spicy Basil
- Cashews with Chicken
- Khao Soi
- Red Curry
- Green Curry
- Massaman Curry
- Panang Curry
- Khao Soi
- Deep Fried Banana
- Banana in Coconut Milk
- Sticky Rice with Mango
Most people can agree that best part of the cooking class is eating what they’ve made! After everyone has prepared their Thai dishes, sit down together and feast on everything. After you’ve had your fill and rested a bit, you’ll receive a recipe book at the end of the course and then relaxing on the ride back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and a driver
- English-speaking instructor
- Market tour and organic farm tour
- All ingredients for cooking
- Snacks and drinks
- Easy-to-follow cookbook
- Online photo album of cooking class
What To Bring
- Your appetite!
- Comfortable, closed-toed shoes
- A pen and paper (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Children must be at least 7 years old to participate in the cooking class and must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you would like to visit the cooking class with a friend or family member but do not want to cook, the fee is ฿400 per person.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform us at the time of booking. The entire menu can easily accommodate vegetarian or vegan diets upon request.
- This is a small group tour, approximately 12 persons.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our Free cancellation - 24 hours in advance.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.