3 Days 2 Nights in Chiang Rai #1
- Location: Chiang Rai Province
- Highlights: White Temple, Singha Park, Elephant Valley, Doi Tung Palace, Mae Fah Luang, Mae Sai, Golden Triangle, Chiang Saen, Karen Hill Tribe Village, Wat Huay Pla Kang
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
If you’re traveling to Northern Thailand, be sure to add Chiang Rai to the list of places you go. This city is smaller and quieter than it’s sister city, Chiang Mai, but has an untouched beauty, several unusual sights, and rich Lanna culture without the crowds. Join our three-day two-night tour and experience the highlights of Chiang Rai, which include extraordinary temples, royal palaces and gardens, elephant sanctuaries, hill tribe villages, and more.
Day 1 – Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai
Day 1 of this three-day tour begins by picking you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai and visiting the heavenly White Temple, exploring the tea plantations of Singha Park, and watching elephants roam at the Elephant Valley.
Activities and Sites
- White Temple – One of Thailand’s most famous temple because it is entirely white and adorned with sparkling mirrors, the White Temple complex is home to incredibly unique artwork and architecture
- Singha Park – Explore the oolong tea plantation, orchards, and a small petting zoo in this park, which used to grow barley for one of Thailand’s top beer companies, Singha
- Elephant Valley – This elephant sanctuary is home to six rescued elephants (and counting!) where you can watch them freely roam in the jungle
Overnight in Chiang Rai.
Day 2 – Doi Tung – Mae Sai – Golden Triangle
The second day continues with exploring the magnificent gardens and living quarters of the Royal Family at Doi Tung as well as visiting the infamous overlook point of the Golden Triangle.
Activities and Sites
- Doi Tung Palace and Mae Fah Luang Garden – Walk around the cool-weather flower gardens and explore the Swiss-Thai villas once used a seasonal retreat by the Princess Mother
- Mae Sai Border Market – in the title but missing in the activities list
- Golden Triangle – This overlook, which was once the center of the opium trade decades ago, looks over the joining of Thailand, Myanmar, and Laos by two rivers
Overnight at The Golden Triangle.
Day 3 – Chiang Saen – Long Neck Hill Tribe – Wat Huay Pla Kang
The final day of this tour plunges you into the historical and culturally rich sites of the small riverside town of Chiang Saen. Afterward, visit a hill tribe unique to northern Thailand and then conclude the tour at Chiang Rai’s Big Buddha before returning to your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai.
Activities and Sites
- Chiang Saen – Wander through incredible ancient pagodas and moss-covered temple ruins in this small riverside town
- Long Neck Karen Hill Tribe Village – See firsthand the Long Neck Karen hill tribe villagers who are famous for their women wearing brass coils on their elongated neck
- Wat Huay Pla Kang – Nicknamed Chiang Rai’s Big Buddha, this attraction is home to a 9-story tall pagoda and a huge white statue of the Goddess of Mercy
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch (Day 1 to Day3)
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses such as souvenirs, tipping personnel, and laundry fees
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Accommodations – if you want some help arranging your hotel, contact us directly
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What to Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|