3 Day Trek in Mae Wang + Hug Elephant Sanctuary
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Spend three days and two nights experiencing the stunning landscape and incredible wildlife within the heart of Mae Wang, Thailand. Activities include swimming in a waterfall’s natural plunge pool, feeding and bathing elephants, and floating on a bamboo raft down the peaceful Mae Wang River. Enjoy two to three hours of hiking each day through lush forest and past rice fields and have plenty of time to enjoy your surroundings.
This tour is available daily. Pickup will be between 9 AM and 9:15 AM if your hotel is in Chiang Mai’s Old City and Night Bazaar areas. Pickup will be between 9:15 AM and 9:30 AM if your hotel is within 3 kilometers outside of the Old City. You will return to Chiang Mai at approximately 5 PM on the third day.
- 10:15 AM
- Visit the Baan Kad Market, where your guide will purchase food for lunch
- 12 PM
- Eat a Thai picnic lunch by a waterfall and cool off in the natural plunge pool
- 2 PM
- Trek through the jungle (approximately 1 hour)
- 3 PM
- Arrive at the Karen hill tribe village
- 4 PM
- Enjoy a campfire, a Thai dinner, and an overnight stay at the Jungle Camp
- 8:30 AM
- Wake up and enjoy a simple breakfast
- 9:30 AM
- Hike through the jungles on the mountain (approximately 2 hours)
- 11:30 AM
- Eat Thai lunch beside another waterfall
- 12:30 PM
- Walk to the Karen hill tribe village (roughly 1.5 hours)
- 2 PM
- Meet the locals at the Karen hill tribe village
- 3 PM
- Trek back to the Jungle Camp (about 45 minutes)
- 4 PM
- Relax for the evening and eat a homemade Thai dinner
- 8:30 AM
- Pack your bag and enjoy a small breakfast
- 9:30 AM
- Take a short walk to a waterfall (approximately 30 minutes)
- 10 AM
- Visit elephants and feed and play with them in their natural jungle home
- 12 PM
- Give the elephants a mud spa and bath
- 1 PM
- Enjoy a lunch of tasty Thai food and fresh fruit
- 2 PM
- Bamboo rafting (about 1 hour) *Optional
- 3 PM
- Change into dry clothes
- 3:30 PM
- Depart Mae Wang
- 5 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
About the 3 Day Trek In Mae Wang – Elephant Mud Spa And Bath
This three-day two-night trek in Mae Wang combines several scenic hikes with a series of forest and water activities for a true Thailand countryside experience.
This tour will take you deep into the Thai jungle where you will see small forest animals, exotic flowers and plants, and interesting insects. The highlight of the tour is undoubtedly spending time with Thailand’s revered animal: the elephant. The experience is better than anything you’ll see on the Nature Channel!
You will also meet a local community of Pa Ka Yor (Karen) hill tribe people and learn from your local Thai guide about what life is like in this part of the world. You will have several opportunities to sample the local cuisine during lunch and enjoy home-cooked Thai meals in the evenings.
Thailand is a tropical country, so there will be fun opportunities to cool off in the region’s Mae Wang River. Every day you will visit a scenic waterfall (take a refreshing dip in its natural freshwater pool if you’d like!) or float down the river on a bamboo raft and see the jungle from a different perspective. Although the water levels vary throughout the year, you can swim at the waterfall and go bamboo rafting every single month.
There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
- 1 Person: ฿10,400
- 2 Persons: ฿5,200 per person
- 3 Persons: ฿3,466 per person
- 4 Persons and more: ฿2,600 per person
– We require a 50% deposit to secure the booking, the remaining balance is due the day of the tour.
– If you want to book for tomorrow or have any questions please contact us.
This Tour Includes
- Karen hill tribe guide with basic English speaking skills
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- Three lunches, two dinners, two breakfasts (7 meals)
- Drinking water
- Basic sleeping accommodations (see below)
- Travel accident insurance
- Safe storage area to leave your luggage during the trek
Note: The Jungle Camp is one communal bamboo bungalow in which everyone will sleep together. The accommodations are very basic. There is no electricity or running water but pillows, sleeping mats, blankets, and mosquito nets will be provided. There is a separate toilet area.
This Tour Excludes
- Drinking water, please bring some cash in small change to buy water during the trek
Note: Soda and beer are available for purchase during select rest periods.
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes and a pair of sandals or flip flops
- A bathing suit and towel
- Three extra changes of clothing (t-shirts, shorts, socks, underwear)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- A flashlight
- Personal first-aid kit (plasters, etc)
- Personal toiletries including toilet paper or tissues
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Cash in small change for drinks, snacks and souvenirs
- Camera (Optional)
- During the cool season (November to January) the nights can be quite cool. Pack a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, and socks to sleep in.
- During the rainy season (June, July, and August) pack a light raincoat.
- The 3 Day Trek in Mai Wang Elephant Mud Spa and Bath tour is very similar to other trekking tours’ basic accommodations and rugged outdoor activities.
- This tour is suitable for people between the ages of 4 and 65 years old. Because it has a number of physical activities, this trek is NOT appropriate for elderly people with movement problems or families with young children. Participants who want to join in should be relatively fit and be able to walk a few kilometers.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This tour is also available as a private tour. Please contact us for our special pricing.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.