2 Days Trekking Waterfalls Trail
- Location: Chiang Mai Province, Mae Sapok
- Highlights: 2 Day 1 Night Trekking
- Trekking, Wildlife, Tropical plants, Waterfall, Swimming, Karen village
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- Basic English-speaking local Karen trekking guide
- Private Tour
This 2-day 1-night trekking tour takes you on a private trekking route through the jungle hills in Chiang Mai. It’s the perfect tour if you’re looking for an adventure where you’ll hike exclusively on trails and explore the natural sights along the way. You’ll see wild animals and tropical plants, hill tribe villages, and waterfalls.
Please see our note about age limitations in the ‘Additional Information’ section below.
- 8 AM to 8:30AM : Rendez-vous dans le hall de votre hôtel
- 9:30 AM : Visit a local Thai market where your tour guide will buy fresh food for the trip
- 10 AM : Arrive at the trek’s starting point near Doi Inthanon
- 11 AM : Walk along the banks of the river and visit the first waterfall
- 12:30 PM : Eat a local Thai lunch
- 1 PM : Hike through the jungle and learn about wildlife (approximately 2-3 hours)
- 4 PM : Visit a Karen hill tribe village and meet the locals
- 5 PM : Enjoy a Thai dinner and spend the night at a Karen camp
- 8 AM : Eat a simple breakfast before packing up and continuing your trek
- 9 AM : Take a scenic walk through the forest (approximately 2- 3 hours)
- 12 PM : Enjoy a picnic-style Thai lunch at the Karen Village
- 1 PM : Visit a waterfall and enjoy a swim in the freshwater plunge pool
- 2 PM : Learn about wildlife and hike through the jungle to the departure point
- 3 PM : Depart from the Doi Inthanon area
- 5 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: The amount of time you spend on the trails and jungle activities will depend on the weather and the pace of other group members. Therefore, the start and end times of the above schedule may vary.
About the 2 Day Trek Waterfalls Trail (Walking Only)
If you’re looking for a tour that’s dedicated exclusively to trekking, then look no further. Experience the thrill of hiking for two days deep in the quiet jungles , which is a small area about 1.5 hours north of the city of Chiang Mai.
This truly authentic trekking tour begins with a scenic morning drive. Along the way, your Karen guide will stop at a bustling Thai morning market to buy food and supplies for the trip. After a little more driving, you’ll arrive at the trailhead on the edge of the jungle and begin the day’s three-hour trek. You’ll learn about the various flowers, trees, animals, and insects on the trail. There will be several opportunities to rest and take in the beautiful sights, too.
Near the end of the first day’s trek, you’ll visit a Karen village. These indigenous people are known for their farming techniques and beautiful weaving. After exploring the Karen village, hike a short way and then settle down for the evening at a camp nestled beside the Karen village. Enjoy a tasty Thai meal cooked by your guide and then retire for the evening in a communal bungalow with basic bedding.
On the following morning, have a simple breakfast and pack up your belongings before continuing with the trekking tour. You’ll spend three more hours hiking deep into the Thai jungle. Around noon, visit another waterfall and your Thai guide will prepare a picnic-style Thai lunch.
After getting your fill and taking a rest, hike a short while longer until the trek ends at a pickup destination. There you can change into dry clothing before riding back to your hotel in Chiang Mai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and a driver
- Basic English-speaking local Karen trekking guide
- One breakfast, two lunches, and one dinner (four meals total)
- Basic accommodations and sleeping materials (see below)
- Travel accident insurance
Note: The Karen camp is one communal bungalow in which everyone will sleep together. The accommodations are very basic. Pillows, sleeping mats, blankets, and mosquito nets will be provided. There is no electricity or running water. There is a separate toilet area.
- Drinking water
Note: Drinking water, soda, and beer are available for purchase during select rest periods.
What To Bring
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sandals or flip-flops that can get wet
- A small backpack
- A photocopy of your passport
- A bathing suit and towel
- Two extra changes of clothing (t-shirts, shorts, socks, underwear)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- A flashlight
- Personal first-aid kit (band-aids, disinfectant wipes, etc)
- Personal toiletries including toilet paper or tissues
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Money for small purchases such as drinks and hill tribe crafts
- Camera (Optional)
- During the cool season (November to January) the nights can be quite cool. Pack a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, and socks to sleep in.
- During the rainy season (June, July, and August) pack a light raincoat.
- This tour is suitable for people between the ages of 15 and 60 years old. Because it has a number of physical activities, this trek is NOT appropriate for elderly people with movement problems or families with young children. Participants who want to join in should be relatively fit and be able to walk for several hours at a time.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|
|2- 3 persons||3500|