2 Days 1 Night in Chiang Rai #2
- Location: Chiang Rai Province
- Highlights: Chiang Dao Cave, Thaton Temple, Choui Fong Tea Plantation, Golden Triangle, Black House, Karen Hill Tribe Village
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Private Tour
Chiang Rai offers no shortage of stunning natural sites and culturally rich attractions found across its beautiful countryside. Explore caves, tea plantations, local markets, hill tribe villages, and more on this two-day one-night tour around this northern Thai province.
Day 1: Chiang Mai – Chiang Dao – Chiang Rai
After picking you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai, this trip begins with the exploration of the Chiang Dao Cave and Thaton Temple in the Thai countryside. In the afternoon, continue northward to Chiang Rai’s Choui Fong Tea Plantation and the most geographically north point in Thailand.
Activities and Sites
- Chiang Dao Cave – Gaze upon intricate shrines and Buddha statues nestled in the large, softly lit rooms within this cave complex
- Thaton Temple – This temple is home to a golden stupa that contains several invaluable relics and the spectacular Crystal Pagoda
- Choui Fong Tea Plantation – Overlook the rows of tea plants gentle rolling
- Mae Sai – Visit the most northern location of Thailand, which is found in the border town of Mae Sai along the Myanmar-Thailand border
Overnight in Chiang Rai.
Day 2: Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai
The second day’s itinerary will take you to the infamous Golden Triangle viewpoint and then the eerie art exhibition known as the Black House. Later, experience the unique culture of the Long Neck hill tribe village and then return to your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai.
Activities and Sites
- The Golden Triangle – This overlook of the joining of three countries (Thailand, Myanmar, Laos) and two rivers (Mekong and Ruak) that were once the epicenter of the infamous opium trade
- Black House – This incredible art complex is home to several buildings containing exhibitions of animal skeletons and furs, ominous sculptures, and torture devices
- Long Neck Karen Hill Tribe Village – This hill tribe community is one of the best recognized in Thailand because the women wear the iconic brass rings around their necks
- White Temple – Gaze upon the stunning sight of Chiang Rai’s most famous temple, which is entirely white, adorned with mirrors, and surrounded by intricate artwork
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch (Day 1 and Day 2)
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses such as souvenirs, tipping personnel, and laundry fees
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Accommodations – if you want some help arranging your hotel, contact us directly
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What to Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|