2 Days 1 Night in Chiang Rai #2
- Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai
- Chiang Dao Cave, Thaton Temple, Choui Fong Tea Plantation, Golden Triangle, Black House, Karen Hill Tribe Village
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Chiang Rai offers no shortage of stunning natural sites and culturally rich attractions found across its beautiful countryside. Explore caves, tea plantations, local markets, hill tribe villages, and more on this two-day one-night tour around this northern Thai province.
Day 1: Chiang Mai – Chiang Dao – Chiang Rai
After picking you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, this trip begins with the exploration of the Chiang Dao Cave and Thaton Temple in the Thai countryside. In the afternoon, continue northward to Chiang Rai’s Choui Fong Tea Plantation and the most geographically north point in Thailand.
Activities and Sites
- Chiang Dao Cave – Gaze upon intricate shrines and Buddha statues nestled in the large, softly lit rooms within this cave complex
- Thaton Temple – This temple is home to a golden stupa that contains several invaluable relics and the spectacular Crystal Pagoda
- Choui Fong Tea Plantation – Overlook the rows of tea plants gentle rolling
- Mae Sai – Visit the most northern location of Thailand, which is found in the border town of Mae Sai along the Myanmar-Thailand border
Overnight in Chiang Rai.
Day 2: Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai
The second day’s itinerary will take you to the infamous Golden Triangle viewpoint and then the eerie art exhibition known as the Black House. Later, experience the unique culture of the Long Neck hill tribe village and then return to your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai.
Activities and Sites
- The Golden Triangle – This overlook of the joining of three countries (Thailand, Myanmar, Laos) and two rivers (Mekong and Ruak) that were once the epicenter of the infamous opium trade
- Black House – This incredible art complex is home to several buildings containing exhibitions of animal skeletons and furs, ominous sculptures, and torture devices
- Long Neck Karen Hill Tribe Village – This hill tribe community is one of the best recognized in Thailand because the women wear the iconic brass rings around their necks
- White Temple – Gaze upon the stunning sight of Chiang Rai’s most famous temple, which is entirely white, adorned with mirrors, and surrounded by intricate artwork
This Tour Includes
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Direct pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Other expenses, souvenirs during the trip
- Tipping personnel
What to Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|