2 Days 1 Night in Chiang Rai #1
- Location: Chiang Rai
- Highlights: White Temple, Blue Temple, Black house, Golden Triangle, Boat Trip, Long Neck, Doi Tung Palace, Mae Fah Luang Garden, Elephant Valley
- English-speaking tour guide
- Private Tour
Chiang Rai is a lesser-known province in Northern Thailand, but it’s main city and surrounding countryside offer visitors some hidden treasures unlike anywhere else. This two-day one night tour will take you away to several stunning temples, a royal palace and its picture-perfect gardens, as well as a sanctuary of several majestic elephants.
Day 1: Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai
The first day of the trip will have you experiencing breathtaking views of several colorful temples, a boat ride down the Mekong River, and seeing the hill tribe village known for its women wearing unique brass coils around their necks.
Activities and Sites
- White Temple – Gaze upon the stunning sight of Chiang Rai’s most famous temple, which is entirely white, adorned with mirrors, and surrounded by intricate artwork
- The Golden Triangle + Boat Trip – Relax on a smooth ride down the Mekong River and look upon the Golden Triangle tripoint where three countries and two rivers come together
- Long Neck Karen Hill Tribe Village – Visit the small hill tribe village with a unique culture in which the tribes women adorn their necks, wrists, and ankles with brass coils
- Blue Temple – Explore this intricately designed and decorated temple that is stunning with its entirely blue exterior and interior
Overnight in Chiang Rai.
Day 2: Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai
On the second half of the tour, explore royal gardens at a palace fit for a Queen, the grim Black House, and a jungle home of elephants before transferring back to your hotel or the airport in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai.
Activities and Sites
- Doi Tung Palace and Mae Fah Luang Garden – Explore the Swiss-Thai style palace of the late Queen Mother of Thailand and its surrounding impeccably manicured gardens of cool-weather flowers
- Black House – This building complex is dark and eerie and contains large art exhibitions of animal bones, torture devices, and unusual sculptures
- Lunch – Enjoy a delicious locally cooked Thai meal
- Elephant Valley – Visit this sanctuary and watch a group of rescued elephants playing, resting, and eating in their natural jungle habitat
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 6 kilometers of the city center
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and driver
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for all standard activities; fees for optional (add-on) tours are not included
- Local Thai lunch (Day 1 and Day 2)
- Drinking water
- Travel accident insurance
- Other expenses such as souvenirs, tipping personnel, and laundry fees
- Other meals and drinks besides those mentioned
- Accommodations – if you want some help arranging your hotel, contact us directly
- Other services not clearly indicated above
What to Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera (Optional)
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|